Chapter Seventy-Five

"Oh, oh shit, babe, you can have a do over! We can save her for last?" Dan tenderly held me as I let my eyes look it over. It wasn't upsetting, but more like a reminder. She used to make me sleep with her, and she used to be my only friend, and then everything happened. I had childhood memories that were all I once knew in this room. I shook my head and looked back to Dan.

"No, we should do this first. I never honestly cleaned it, I never did anything with it. I let it go like I let her go. I promise baby," I looked into Dan's eyes and breathed in easier, "I'll be okay. I just have memories in here when she was better. Really, I mean I know where all the embarrassing pictured of me are hidden." I tried to coax him into believing me and I was thankful a warm smile replaced the concerned hardened line of his lips.

"You're totally sure?" Dan needed me to say it. He knew I would press passed something to just get it done. I smiled assuring him and nodded.

"I'm as sure of it, as I am of you." I squeezed him tight. Dan sighed relieved and kissed my hair as he squeezed back.

"Okay well, do we get boxes, or organize?" Dan shrugged looking around. I thought more about this and huffed not wanting to have to change. I looked at Dan and I making a face.

"Boxes. Okay well, shower and boxes?" I looked up at him sheepishly and Dan was already shaking his head. He ruffled the back of his hair and sighed.

"As much as I'd rather shower later after the sweating has been done. I recall last night's events and totally will take that offer." Dan smiled defeated. I rolled my eyes and took his hand. He laced his fingers with mine as we roamed back to the bedroom.

"I know what you meant, but I am glad you understood? I mean I don't feel terrible just-" I needed to explain no more as Dan held up his other hand and nodded quickly.

"Gotcha, now then, towels, clothings, and well, okay, I'll let you choose. Separate or Together?" Dan shrugged as he dropped my hand to rummage through his stuff. He pulled out deodorant, tooth brush, and his own brush. It had metal bristles and I finally understood something. Dan then pulled out his clothes. They were his usual jean with a few worn spots, a New York Giants graphic t-shirt, and his red plaid flannel. I still eyed his brush and he finally noticed after looking to me when I never answered him. "What? Geeze I know by now you're curious face!" Dan chuckled sitting on the bed near me. I looked back to him feeling stupid.

"It's um, odd, but I made the connection on the huge brush mystery!" I giggled and Dan seemed extremely confused.

"Totally unaware there even was one?" he shrugged grabbing it off the speaker where he phone was still. I took it from him and sure as shit, it was meant for him. I reached over and slipped my out of my bag. I held them next to the other and he still wasn't getting it.

"Stop thinking I'm a weirdo and just listen. Okay?" I laughed as Dan zipped his lips and gestured for me to keep going. "My hair is yes, thick, but, your hair is like insane. I suddenly feel terrible for running mine through yours, dry, sex ridden, and unshowered. Babe, seriously I should have known metal bristles were the only things needing to tame your head!" I concluded my explanation and Dan blinked at me. I huffed and handed his back to him. He looked back to mine and then his. Dan blinked some more and I was unsure if he was officially weirded out or not.

"Did you, my lovely woman, apologize for having the wrong brush and not knowing so?" Dan's smile was interesting. He was needing to know of my goofy means. "Because baby, I didn't even know that was why, until you pulled it out and just compared them in front of me." Dan giggled at me and I thought about how he had no idea it mattered.

"So you just, liked yours and had no idea it was meant for-" I let my sentence drift off suddenly looking to the brush Dan held and felt my own odd expression come on. I looked back at Dan whom was trying not to go passed giggling and I sighed feeling really awkward.