Chapter Twenty-Four

All was silent through the house. Dan walked with me in tow, slowly closer to the living room. I probably was sporting the same confused face when we stopped and were greeted by no one. I stood next to Dan and we looked at each other unsure of what to do.

"Did they leave?" I whispered. Dan looked back to the room and scanned it again for any signs. He took a step to look out a window and shook his head.

"Cars are all accounted for, what the hell." Dan let the curtain he had held away to see fall back and stepped towards the kitchen. I remained standing in the doorway to the hall and just observed Dan's movement. I heard him snap a blind back and sigh. "No one's out back either!" He threw his hands up as he stood facing me on one end of the room and I to him. It was until we heard Ross giggle downstairs that we thought we were going insane. I rolled my eyes and Dan grabbed my hand and led me down the stairs to find everyone playing Mario Party 10. It was almost as if he and I were invisible. No one made a motion, noise, or sign at all that we were there. Dan huffed and not even Arin looked his way. Taking on the awkward situation, Dan led me to the larger couch and I sat on the arm by Barry.

"So uh, who's winning?" I muttered. Barry pointed at the screen as if that was going to help me. The number of stars wasn't showing due to a mini-game in progress. I looked back up at Dan who was scowling now. I looked over at Arin whom was focused but quiet like everyone else. "So, Arin, are we still going?" I asked a little louder and he shrugged. Dan went around to the back of the couch and dip his head in front of Arin's face so he was upside down.

"Hey buddy!" Dan startled him and he broke his silence.

"FUCK! Why does that always scare me?!" Arin turned around to look at Dan funny. It was a glare but the sides of his mouth twitch indicating he was trying not to laugh. I caught on before Dan and laughed a little. Everyone in time looked at me and I felt really weirded out at their blank stares. Dan looked freaked out and asked what I was thinking.

"Uh, you guys like do some heavy hitters in the passing twenty minutes?" Dan asked slowly. Everyone turned to him now. He backed away slow. No one looked mad, or happy, they all just seemed in a trance. Dan glanced at me and I was making the same freaked out face he was now. Arin was breathing a little more heavy and I had no idea what to do. It was Barry, Ross, Suzy, Holly, Arin, and Kevin, just spacing out to whomever said something.

"Are we missing something?" I asked slowly to Dan. Dan shrugged slightly with a look of warning on his face. He grew bold and poked Arin's forehead and laughed nervously. Arin blinked at him and remained staring after a second. I was closing in on the feeling over being over it when I remembered Ross was the one that giggled. I went around the back of the couch near Dan and wrapped my arms around Ross from behind. He stiffened up and I knew he was not going to hold composure like the rest could. "Hey, Ross, now, I know you guys are being creepy, but I hear you giggle, and figure I'd ask you what is obvious. What is up here?" Ross breathed in and I looked back at Dan who waited with me for him to lose it. Dan held up a finger and casually leaned by Ross's ear.

"Spark plugs on a pig running around with no underwear on a frying pan." He whispered sensually. Ross made a noise that sounded like a laugh being stopped and Dan winked at me before continuing, "Tiny koalas masked and pillaging a village using spoons, Ross." Dan blew on his ear and that did it.

"OKAY I CAN'T HANDLE IT!" Ross jumped up and straightened his shirt. "Dan you cheated!" he whined and Dan placed his hands on his hips and waited for an explanation.

"How did I cheat?" Dan shrugged innocently and Ross sighed.

"Cause we were just supposed to be waiting down here and Arin got the idea to be just like creepy about shit and wait to see how long until whoever would give up. So yeah, guess, I lose." Ross looked disappointed and I heard Arin scoff.