Chapter One-Hundred-Fifteen

People zoomed everywhere it felt. I smiled at some who recognized me and waved as well. Mark's line was still growing the closer I got. I almost felt bad for intruding, but knew we were going to be busy soon. I was almost there when I heard someone address me.

"Excuse me?" I whipped around with a friendly smile to find a smaller girl looking to me with wonder.

"Hey, how can I help ya?" I sounded casual as could be and watched her tilt her head blinking at me.

"I um, my name is Ashlyn, and I like, really like your channel." Ashlyn dipped her head down bashfully. I felt a little hint of warmth rush over me.

"Hey, no need to be shy! I promise I didn't expect all this to happen. I honestly tried to go the opposite way. Things just worked out funny for me, really, I'm still a person." I tried to see passed her bangs that covered her eyes. She eventually looked up at me with a small smile.

"R-really? Like it's weird to think that way. Did uh, Danny help?" Ashlyn seemed to approach me with that carefully. I shrugged and looked to my left to see Dan's tall-self sticking out like a sore thumb. I smiled at him before looking back to answer her.

"Honestly, the truth? I um, I started the channel when he and I were going through some rough waters, actually. So no not really." I smiled still as she took it in.

"Oh, so like was it to keep yourself busy then?" Ashlyn was on the right track and I nodded.

"Yeah, I mean I couldn't like waste away over it. I knew things would pass, but I also had to sort of let myself worry about me and fix things as they came." I watched Ashlyn take that to heart. She seemed like she needed a kind word or so.

"Right, yeah, um hey, thank you. I just, I came here looking to try and enjoy some time for me, and I saw you and just really needed to say thank you. You really are kind and Danny and you seem amazing together and I really hope things stay like that." Ashlyn smiled to me more and I nodded smiling just as hopeful. "It's inspiring to see you guys working out whatever it was and have a good relationship. Maybe one day I'll have that again too. For now though, thank you for being yourself. Please don't change because there are people out there who really do love you and your content and find you just awesome." Ashlyn struggled with the idea of a hug and I let her have one. I embraced her tight and felt a small shudder.

"It's okay, I promise I'm gonna be here for a long time. No need to worry about that." I said to her as she remained embracing me. I stroked her hair some before pulling away. She had small tears but smiled with another nod.

"Thank you. Really." She beamed. I rested a hand on her shoulder with another warm smile.

"You're welcome, Ashlyn." I hugged her again before she bid me good-bye. I didn't get too far before she yelled to me. I stopped and turned around to see her coming back. "You okay?" I asked looking her over. She eyed my hand and smiled.

"I forgot to say um, as much as everyone else thinks it, I know it's a promise ring and I'm sorry people are stupid to think it's an engagement ring." She spoke quickly and I couldn't help but chuckle over her widened apology.

"Well I forgive those that don't know and don't blame them for panicking either. I was only his fan once too and I understand, but sadly he does indeed have his own life." I reminded her kindly and she nodded again being very understanding.

"Right, but okay, I just needed to say that, but have a good rest of your day!" Ashlyn waved as she walked off again. I smiled after her before turning around to head back towards Mark. I thought about how there was still a decent side to people. I started wandering closer and heard something that always caught my attention. I looked over passed the crowds to see Dan cracking up with some fans. He was holding up his right hand and shaking his head 'no' with a huge grin. I watched him glance around for me and smirked knowing when he indeed spot me smiling at him as he 'worked'. I shook my head turning back to paying attention to where I was walking realizing he was never letting me get far from his eyesight.