Chapter Ninety-Seven

Dan had survived my driving through traffic and managed to not pretend to kiss the ground as he had climbed out to take my hand. We had walked up the many stairs and managed to get in the door in time to see Arin leaning over Barry and watching something on the screen. We both looked to other and shrugged before walking over to see for ourselves. Arin was wearing his shorts and blank tank-top with his glasses for once, as he noticed that we had arrived.

"Hey fools! Was just watching for a sec this horror clip Barry has been working on." Arin pointed to the monitor and on it was a familiar scene. Dan and I were sitting facing the other and you could tell it was an emotional time. Dan's arm draped over my shoulders and his lips kissed my hair softly before his own hair sheltered me as he leaned his head on mine. Arin looked over and rolled his eyes, but broke out in chuckles. "Scary right?" Arin teased again. Dan lifted his head and sighed which had me look up at him to see his features.

"Ya know, honestly, yeah it was scary. That was the most nervous I had been in a long ass time man." Dan admitted and I blinked up at him. He knew I was looking from the side glances he kept giving me.

"Dude, why be scared?" Ross must have walked in hearing that little bit. He was wearing the old Steam Train shirt and black sweats. I suddenly felt as though I was in work attire after all. Ross placed a hand on Dan's back waiting on an answer. Dan looked to Arin before answering.

"Well seeing as though my last engagement didn't work out.." Dan rolled his eyes and it was almost on cue that Ross played into it.

"Woah woah, wait you were?" Ross dropped off his question when Dan sighed more aggressively through his nose and glared at him. Ross made a face and looked down catching the sarcasm. "Oh."

"Yeah, Oh!" Dan mocked Ross then and I looked over seeing Ross shrug to me. Arin looked between the two and made a face.

"You guys are like total besties, I swear!" Arin teased watching Dan roll his eyes but then giggle breaking character.

"Nah, I love you, Ross!" Dan let go of me to hug the smaller Aussie. Ross smiled to his buddy before turning to go. He patted Dan on the back and nodded to the rest of us as he made for the door.

"Love you guys! Congrats Buddy, he's your Jew now!" Ross maniacally laughed as the door closed behind him. I looked over to Arin whom was shaking his head slowly.

"I swear he is only able to be nice to someone for a moment, then he just, the douche light comes back on!" Arin looked to Dan exasperated as his best friend nodded agreeing.

"No kidding, and here I thought I meant something to him!" Dan pretended to be hurt by Ross's rejection before I giggled at their antics. Dan looked down and smiled liking that I found him funny.

"Okay, wellp! You and me Shaggy!" Arin slapped Dan's back and walked over to the TV. Dan nodded after him before turning to me.

"Alright you, try not to stress too hard, first day back, okay?" Dan hugged me up tight and I rested my head on his midsection. Dan combed fingers through my hair and we both sighed.

"You too, but you're the one getting to watch Arin play video games!" I teased him. Dan's crooked smile and wink was enough to heat up my cheeks before he turned to go settle in. I grabbed his wrist though, before he got to far, and pulled him back to me. Dan giggled as I cocked an eyebrow and planted my foot down.

"What?" Dan asked knowing it was coming. I rolled my eyes and tugged the zipper flaps of his leather jackets.

"You forgot something, Hubby." I whispered the name on his lips as Dan kissed me lovingly before standing back up. His cheeks were even pink, but he smiled wide.