Chapter Nineteen

I was in such a deep sleep. The kind that everything is right. I mean I was. Now? I was on the floor and my heart trying to escape from my chest. I looked over to the light coming from the end table behind my head and it was loudly singing the Grump theme. My phone I swear had the worse timing. I scrambled over to see the Caller ID and read the name. In an instance I answered from sitting still on my plush carpet.

"Baby?" his familiar voice was worried and I came to my senses full when I realized it was him. "Hello?" he tried again and I cleared my throat.

"Yeah I'm here, honey." I croaked out anyway. I heard a sigh of relief and he sounded more relaxed.

"Oh, god, I didn't hear but you coughing or something and I didn't know what to think." Dan explained his worry and I laughed at his usual panic attacks.

"No, no, just clearing my throat, um, thanks for the heart attack, my ringer was all the way up and I woke up on the floor!" I joked and he laughed on the other end.

"Awe, I'm sorry, [Y/N]! God, I meant to call after the flight but it was such a weird time that I just decided to head back to Arin's to have some tea and chill." I could tell Dan felt bad I smiled picturing Arin reassuring him it I'd be okay.

"Babe you're fine. I'm glad you took a moment to just unwind! I came home and threw myself on my couch and passed out." I shrugged at the simple movement and heard him make a sound to indicate he was imagining something.

"I'd like to throw you on a bed sometimes soon." Dan's sensual tone was hard to ignore. That's all I need is to be talking like this and him not be here. Yet, part of me couldn't help it.

"What would Arin think? He seems pretty into you!" I joked with him and he made a noise sounding like he was laughing but shaking his head.

"I try and totally get all hey with you, and now I have a chub and am picturing Arin, YOU'RE THE WORST!" Dan was now full on laughing and I was rolling.

"That's YOUR fault, Daniel! You-you are the one with the best friend who would gladly take my place!" I giggled the entire time and Dan yelled in terror.

"GAH, S-S-S-T-O-O-O-P! Oh man, he'd kill me for laughing at this!" Dan gasped for air and I waited patiently. "We are NEVER going to ever be able to have one fucking dirty conversation. All I'm going to remember is this and, fuck!" He continued to whine and laugh in one. I sighed and almost began to giggle because he was now laughing.

"You gonna make it there, honey?" I asked sweetly and I heard him catch his breath and sigh.

"Oh wow, yeah, I'm good, baby. I think? Okay, so what time is it there?" Dan decided to give up the dirty topic and talk normal.

"It is, about, four-fourty? Yeah, that. So extremely late or early, name your preference!" I said cheerfully. It was a mystery how I wasn't grouchy.

"Ah, well, it is only 1am here. So I apologize, totally forgot time zones, whoops!" Dan chuckled bashfully.

"Only. Baby, have you slept?!" I had to know. So he took it as late. Okay.

"Uh, what if I said yes, but no, actually not at all, fuck why lie to you about something stupid!" Dan told on himself and I sighed.

"Dan! You need sleep! You guys get to grump tomorrow!" I laughed in disbelief at his choices.

"Hey Mama, you don't know me, gurl! I do what I want!" Dan rebelled. I laughed loud at his sassy tone he was trying to take with me.

"Fine! Don't sleep, I'm gonna count how many times you yawn in the episode tomorrow!" I declared. He growled almost and I remained quiet.

"I betcha I won't! Do you know how much I sleep, like, ever?" Dan countered eventually.