Chapter Forty-Nine

"What?" Dan looked at me confused. I turned to him and pointed to the floor.

"Who's here?" I asked curiously. Dan shrugged and went to step on the landing. I noticed he hadn't tried to carry me and it sort of felt funny. He blinked over noticing I wasn't moving behind him and tilted his head.

"You okay?" he whispered and I felt foolish for my stalling.

"I, um, okay as much as I complain, usually you um-" I was trying hard to not sound silly but was cut short as Dan scooped me up in his arms.

"I knew you seemed weird! Is this really what it was?" Dan chuckled as he carried me bridal style down to the guys. I buried my face into his neck and nodded. "Awe, baby, that's fucking adorable!" Dan teased as I looked back up at him. He got to the last step and I craned my neck to find my answer. In the brightly lit room there was a banner, balloons, streamers, and everyone was smiling warmly at me. I looked up to Dan whom was just as shocked.

"Uh guys? What the hell?" Dan set me down slowly and I remained at his side. We both mouthed the words "Congrats Danny and [Y/N]" on the banner. We both looked back to the other confused. Arin jumped up and hugged us both.

"We're all so happy!" Dan and I patted Arin's back and I blinked up at him.

"Big Brother? What exactly are you happy for Dan and I?" I asked not getting it. Dan pointed to me with a nod.

"I second this question, and again, what the hell?" Dan scowled. Arin looked between us and smiled.

"We are celebrating!" Arin danced back to Suzy. She jumped up and hugged us individually with a smile. I looked to her now and gestured for an answer.

"Okay, so, Arin and I were really excited to hear you two had gotten back together! Soo we threw a small shindig to celebrate!" her explanation was way better than Arin's vague one. Dan and I nodded slowly as Ross came up to us.

"It's so good to see you guys happy and together again!" Ross launched himself into me. I smiled warmly now accepting it that people really supported Dan and I.

"I honestly had a strange thought that they assumed I like proposed and I am not going to for a while possibly, and I was so scared that this was going to be awkward and just wrong!" Dan looked to me as him and Ross hugged as well. Arin laughed hearing him while making a face.

"Oh dude, I would feel so shitty for like celebrating something that never happened nor was talked about first! I could not handle [Y/N]'s face of just confused and disappointed. No, we just honestly wanted to show you guys some lovin's since you two show each other plenty already." Arin wiggled his eyebrows more at Dan and I froze. Dan's hand rubbed my back slowly trying to relax me.

"Oh well yeah, I mean it's a great surprise! Just the initial shock was moreso of I felt like I missed a memo!" Dan laughed pointing to the banner. Arin chuckled and shook his head.

"Nah bro, we just yeah, wanted to say YAY and that you both deserve the other. Like a lot." Arin hugged Suzy. She snuggled up to him naturally as he kissed the top of her head. Dan slowly pushed on my back and gestured for us to sit. I stepped a couple steps before feeling Dan's hands on my shoulders steering me where. I let him sit first and get comfortable before he gently pulled me into his lap. Dan hummed before noticing something.

"Hey Arin, are we even grumping?" Dan said unsure. Arin giggled and nodded.

"Yeah but we're going to have the girls with us. Just commentary, not date grumps. Someone still has yet to move in!" Arin looked over at me with a sly smile. I blinked at him and made the connection that I still was being offered to.