Chapter Ninety-Five

I looked more as my eyes adjusted to the indoors seeing something different. I should have known they'd do it. All the boxes we had stacked for me to go through were all stacked, empty, by the back wall of the living room. I placed my hands on my hips and turned to Barry who hadn't noticed I was grinning at him. I shook my head and wandered into the kitchen. I looked over and saw indeed they had set up the table and chairs Dan requested as well. Everyone had moved me in and I found myself overwhelmed with gratefulness to their kindness.

I opened the fridge to find a water and took a couple sips before returning to the living room. Dan was laughing with Barry over the games I guessed since Barry had been holding one in his hands. Danny smiled warmly as I came closer to sit with him on the bigger couch. Barry I noticed had the same love seat he sat in before when everyone was here. I wondered if he had a certain place he liked to sit. I eventually plopped down by Danny and leaned back relaxing on the couch. Dan rested his arm above me and I felt him stroke a few strands from the top of my head as Barry went on about what I realized now was Tetris.

"So yeah I totally hated it, but was good at it and I never have felt this way about any other game!" Barry shrugged with a hearty chuckle as Dan nodded understanding.

"God that's like how I feel just playing Punch Out and having to redo it so many times! Like after a while, you really start questioning your love for it." Dan cracked up as Barry high-fived him.

"Man, you and that game are just, oh god, if it were a person I feel like you two would never get along!" Barry mused on the thought and I giggled then with Dan picturing it.

"Just shows up to a fuckin' party and calls my shit out!" Dan reached to clap as he rocked back with a snort laughing at his own theory. Barry was dying as well as I was.

"I feel like that with SoulCalibur!" I chimed in. Barry wagged a finger to me with a devious grin.

"That, missy, is one you and I will definitely have to go rounds on! Haven't played in a while, but man, it was not a bad fighting game!" Barry smiled at me and I grinned thinking.

"You know, we could do a Grumpcade on it? There is a story mode! I mean it won't be like forever, but could be a hit?" I shrugged trying to suggest it. Barry nodded slowly liking this.

"Maybe! We'll run that by Arin! See Dan? She has good taste!" Barry teased Dan making me think he had said otherwise.

"Uh," Danny scoffed with a laugh, "I happen to know! I mean come on! She loves me! Duh!" Dan winked to me as I rolled my eyes. I nudged him after he nudged me and we looked back to Barry whom was shaking his head smiling at the two children he now lived with.

"You guys, man, you make Ross's invite to go over there sound better and better!" Barry winked to us and Dan placed a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"Dude, you totally are not allowed to go stay with Ross. I will drag you back every time!" Dan broke the news with a giggle as Barry shook his head joining him.

"I think I'd kill him after the fifth day of him playing nothing but WoW!" Barry confessed with a sad sigh. Dan nodded quickly pointing to me.

"Did you hear him try and take her soul as well?! I stopped that shit right before anything could be done further!" Danny joked but I saw the serious glance for me to not even think about it. I rubbed his back smiling with assurance.

"No worries Dan, you won't lose me to the evil that is Blizzard!" I joked as Barry laid a hand on Dan's knee looking approvingly at me.

"Man, please, marry her! Like soon!" Barry laughed a little with Dan as I felt Dan pull me close leaning his head on mine.