Chapter One-Hundred-Six

I stepped over the threshold to see more passed the door. Dan had really wanted us to be comfortable in such a small time. The bed was a king like ours, well his originally, had been. It was done up with fluffy white pillows that had matching decorative ones. The emerald comforter was going to be the comfiest to sleep up under just from the fleece and cotton fabric stitched together. I stepped to the right to see a small hall that had led to a grand bathroom. I found the light switch and as the area illuminated it was also it's own sight to see.

Pristine seaweed walls, fancy glass and silver lights, the floor was a pristine cream with what felt like heated tile. I looked over in the corner and saw we had our own personal hot tub as well. I walked over to touch it and felt my breathing skip due to the fact the base was marble. It too was a seaweed color with what looked like a bronze faucet. I was going to turn to exit when I noticed to the left in a different corner was the shower. I grazed my fingertips against the glass door before actually noticing it was one of the steam room builds. It had the small bench for two with different knobs and options for anything. I nodded standing back in the middle liking this so far. I finally stepped out and saw Dan had been watching me explore. He was leaning in the door way of the small hall as I came out beaming.

"Why? Why all this? Dan, we're here literally for four days! I doubt we'll be in here much!" I laughed as he shrugged casually.

"I wanted to give you the best experience I could. Down to the room." Dan smiled as he strolled over. I noticed we had a mini bar that could hold wine or champagne as well. It rested about 3 feet high next to the lovely vanity on cherry oak. Dan stood in front of the sheer curtains folding his arms occasionally snickering at me as I kept noticing things. I smiled up at him as I got closer stopping just in front of him.

"I love it." I simply said. Dan bounced his eyebrows with a coy smile before holding out a remote.

"Take this, press three for me." Dan said with a bite of his lip. I read that this thing controlled the air, the heat, the television, the lights, and then there was just a symbol. It had three options. The little icon though was two straight lines having two opposite diagonal lines almost making a terrible looking 'M'. I did as told though and pressed the third choice. What happened before me was magical to someone not used to this. The curtains slowly drew back and the lights dimmed. What I thought was just a normal sized, cliché, hotel, window, turned out to be two large balcony doors that overlooked Dallas. I blinked stepping by a proud Dan just clutching the remote taking it in. He had got the presidential package or something for this. It was a gorgeous view of city lights at night and gorgeous mornings. I walked over to unhinge the doors and stepped out.

The fresh air wafting through was warm, but satisfying. I rested my hand on the balcony and leaned looking down at the parking lot. I let my eyes scan back up to a large skyline that had me smiling at the jokes that everything was bigger in Texas. I then panned up to the clear skies wondering if there was a chance to pull up a bench or so to stargaze. I had barely noticed Dan come up behind me and rest his hands on my hips. I smiled wider wondering how I got so lucky. How did I manage to wind up here? Was I dreaming still? I looked down at my ring and sighed seeing it wasn't a dream, this was my life. This was what Dan was saying I deserved. I almost believed him.

"You're spoiling me with this I hope you know?" I teased as Dan slid his hands forward holding me to him as we checked out our view some more. I felt lips and hair near my neck as Dan peppered it with kisses. I leaned my head to the right more as he took advantage of the advantage I gave him. I rested and curled my hands with his as we swayed after a moment just taking this in.

"Mmm, I love spoiling you though. Totally worth it, and not even for sex or shit." Dan smiled kissing my cheek. I tried to look up at him wondering then what for. Dan smiled wide loving the fact he pulled this off.