Chapter Ninety-Three

Dan had decided to check out this place that was located in some mall. When we had pulled up, it towered over the entire parking lot and I felt my eyes widen. People were everywhere and a low hum of different interactions were going on. Hundreds of stores were advertised outside and I blinked trying to focus. Dan had my hand in his and I only figured it out when he tugged it having me look at him.

"Pretty neat huh? It's got like five jewelers in it plus some of your department ones everyone knows of. If we can't find something here, we're fucked!" Dan's joking had me laughing as we crossed to find an entrance. We entered in through a Best Buy and instantly I felt at home.

"Holy shit those are badass!" I looked to my left and witnessed the 'home theater' section. Someone was trying out one of the displays. What caught my attention is the balance they had mixing with the acoustics of the test room. Dan looked down to me and smiled when I glanced up at him then back to what was going on.

"Yeah they sound great, maybe we'll look into something like that for future references." Dan shrugged and I kept walking with him. I smiled liking this whole future-talk he had going on. I was still weary though on when my nerves were going to kick in.

"You do know we'd have to like almost have the theater thing to have it register like that? I mean the acoustics have I'm sure been professionally adjusted for sale, but I bet we could recreate it!" I babbled and hadn't noticed Dan blinking at me. I looked up and blushed.

"Did you just? Wait hold on, you just understood how that does actually sound great?" Dan waited for me to answer. I shrugged casually.

"I um, was raised in a home with music being like a second nature. My father being a musician, taught my brother and I different aspects. I got to be around the audio part more because of my motor skills and lack of patience for an instrument. So hi, yes, I even know how to track and shit." I bit my lip watching Dan nod taking that lovely history lesson in.

"So lemme get this straight, you can edit, you can street race, you love video games, and you know how to totally mix and record. I'm sorry did I get your resume down? Am I missing ANYTHING?" Dan was laughing with me as I nodded trying to calm down. We had made it outside Best Buy and into the main corridors of the mall itself.

"Yeah, I sort of do it all, but the 'all' comes in strange descriptions." I smiled up at him as he looked on proudly forward for a moment then back down to me.

"Oh my perfect girlfriend, whom may always have strange talents that seem to coincide with my life, I love you." Dan let go of my hand to swing an arm around my shoulders. I leaned into his side and smiled wide as he turned us down a hall almost. At the end of it was a 'Kay Jewelers', and I saw the cases of options before looking back up to Dan.

"I love you too, ya know. I think you're the only person I'd be moving so fast with ever. Just cause I understand your lifestyle." I smiled after that as Dan warmly grinned understanding what I meant.

"Well I am lucky to have you and am even more fuckin' stoked to show off that promise you've made." Dan squeezed my shoulders as we stepped across to the store's area. I noticed first off a case full of silver bands and that's when my nerves kicked in.

"Fuck." I mumbled looking at the prices. Each one was over a reasonable range in my head. Dan's hand traveled to my back and I felt him rub it softly. I blinked trying to take all my options in but wound up holding my face in my hands needing a moment.

"Babe? What's wrong?" Dan gently led me from the case and we stood giving a little space between I and the store. I breathed in slow and kept my hands up.

"I need-I need a price range because holy shit looking at those digits is like woah." I felt Dan pull me into him and hug me tight. I let my head rest on him as he brushed my hair with his fingers.