Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

I watched her pull out a shirt that was almost flaring on the bottom. The gray color was very subtle but the back had a shear strip down the middle that was black. She spun the hanger to face me and it had a very edgy black heart surrounding the words "Rock and Roll". The cursive was not so much fancy but more a feminine dark look. I grinned at her and she knew I'd really like it. The short sleeves and material was definitely so me. She pulled out also a pair of jeans that were a darker denim blue and actually were straight leg. Usually I was a bootcut gal, but these made sense with the boots she then tossed my way. They were leather and ankle high. Studs in rows of four covered the top and a buckle was just before they flattened out on the foot. The heel wasn't even scary to me. It was about a two and a half inch and I smiled knowing I'd be not as short as Dan has been used to. I almost skipped to the bathroom and took a shower as quick as I could.

I sung to myself and smiled the entire time. The freezing air didn't even phase me as I stepped out into the sauna the heat from the water created. I started to feel lighter and more confident that tonight was going to go well. I stepped back into Suzy's dojo and noticed she had her makeup kit out and I suddenly became nervous. Usually my face was never done up and I was unsure how this was going to go. I sat down quietly and Suzy chuckled knowing probably I was unsure.

"I know you rarely go this far in getting ready, but no fears! I honestly love the natural beauty you have, and am going to literally just enhance you. Meaning, no smoky eyes and all that, just some toning and blush to bring out your features and a little eyeliner to make your eyes pop!" Suzy let her lips "pop" on the last word. I giggled and she was glad to see I could relax. I closed my eyes and let her just do what she wanted and I stayed still. She continued to talk as she seemed to almost dance around me. "Just so you know, I helped Dan pick the place. Not the entire date, just for food. I know he has other surprises at hand and is very sure that this is going to be almost perfect. I ask one request and that you both go take pictures and be normal for a night. Let comments and opinions just go somewhere. You two have not been able to just talk and such without pressure from something else. Also, you're gonna be fine as can be and I plan on catching Dan's initial reaction. So if you decided no pictures, I will have one." Suzy puffed a couple times and asked me to lean certain ways and after what felt like forever she let me open my eyes. I blinked a couple times and looked into the mirror.

The girl before me was me. I recognized her in all senses and she smiled. My face was toned to be flawless in soft lighting and my cheeks had their natural color with a hint of pink. My eyeshadow was barely there but it was the eyeliner job she did that made me notice how gorgeous my [Y/E/C] eyes were. The twinkle in them was not just from her lighting but I finally saw almost what Dan meant. I was beautiful and I couldn't wait to see his reaction myself. I couldn't honestly wait to see him. I sniffled trying to hold back tears and Suzy grinned at me.

"I absolutely am in love with what you've done!" I said with a grin.

"So you like it!" Suzy got excited and I nodded quickly. She hugged my shoulders and then pulled out hair products. I looked to her and she shook her head before I even got a chance to say something. "Just trust me one more time. Nothing drastic just it's going to look different. Eventually it will calm down, but you won't even notice. She busted out things that I never heard of and worked something through my hair. I didn't want to know so I resumed closing my eyes on my own and letting her magically make me up some more. I felt her hands on my head and I was trying to picture what she was doing to me and eventually I gave up. The only thing familiar was her brushing out my hair. I thought maybe she was teasing it as well and I laughed to myself at how I would look with Dan's fro.

Suzy heard me and hummed in asking me what I found funny. I couldn't just shake my head so I finally spoke. "I am picturing what you're attempting to do, and then pictured me with Dan's hair." I chuckled again and she laughed with me.