Chapter Sixty-Three

Chapter Sixty Three

I slowly cradled [Y/N] and slid her body to being in my arms. Usually anyone else would have woke up their person, but I kinda liked the challenge. Her subconscious worked well with me, which was kinda creepy, and yet awesome. Her head rested on my right shoulder and I pulled her torso to me so I could stand. Arin shook his head slowly, and Barry for once saw what lengths I go to just to keep her comfortable. I had her bridal style and automatically her hand placed on my chest while she snuggled into my neck with a sigh. Barry smiled warmly at the sight and I shrugged.

"What dude?" I was curious to hear what he had to say. Barry glanced from me to Arin and seemed thoughtful.

"I honestly never seen you do this. Like yeah that one day you got her to the car was impressive, but usually that seemed like a one-time deal. The fact, you're just you, and do it all the time is almost really cute to see. I don't know man, I just," Barry shrugged and smiled wider more to me, "I'm almost at this weird peace to see you so happy finally." Barry then chuckled and I smiled down at my future fiancé.

"Trust me, she gets a little heavy, but the reward to be able to have her trust that I'll keep her safe enough to where she'll sleep continuously is so much better of a feeling." I giggled a little as a content hum came from [Y/N]. I totally would have believed she was listening in if it hadn't been for the constant slow breaths she took. Arin I saw watched her and I just still sort of in the place of making a joke and just giving up on me ever waking her up to walk up the goddamn staircase.

"One day man, you're going to have to do it!" Arin spazzed a little but laughed. I nodded looking to her then back to him with my famous "do somethin' about it" grin.

"Well when the day comes, I'll be sure you won't see." I teased Arin with that idea and he huffed jokingly.

"Whatever, you asses get out of my house so my wife and I can fucking sleep!" Arin pretending to be a grouchy old man always got me to snort and I did not break habit as usual. Suzy stood up with Arin and yawned. It was late and I, myself, was missing my bed.

"Don't worry about him Dan, he'll get over being jealous that he can't be carried to bed anymore!" Suzy totally recited what I had told [Y/N] once. Arin blinked from her to I like he remembered as well.

"Once again I'm not jealous!" Arin playfully defended himself and I rolled my eyes grinning at him. He mozied over to pat my back and hug Barry while we moved for the stairs. Everyone allowed me to go first and I had a hard time not snickering as Arin acted out me hitting her against the walls or dropping her. I reached the top and yawned myself. Man I feel like not much had happened today, but I was exhausted.

I reached the livingroom and slipped my shoes on like I had the day at the office. One time was all I needed to learn how to do this. Barry giggled at my technique and I hushed him with a laugh knowing I was being ridiculous, but again this was worth it to me. Arin saw us out with another good night and I was smart this time to have my keys hanging on my belt so I could reach.

"You're heading straight home right?" I looked over at Barry who was unlocking his car. He nodded in response and slid in. I got the passenger door open and got my sleeping beauty in easier now that I had an idea how to move with her. After buckling her in and I placed my hoodie on the middle counsel and watched her, like before, totally snuggle up to it. I smiled with so much fucking adoration in my chest that I could've exploded.

I got in my end and started the car, thankful we had kept the radio down. I let my hand lazily stroke her hair as I made my way back to, well, our, house. The silence I had to say, was nice to let my own head wander. I came to a red light and had enough time to glance over to check on her. She was still out and I leaned quickly down to place a feather kiss on her temple just to hear her sigh. It was one of the benefits of being able to watch her peacefully accept it and continue to dream. Which that thought led me to wonder about what was said. Ross seemed really intense about his ideas and I know the man meant well, but I had to remember that it was her and I in this, not anyone else. I knew she'd go with me till the end and even after she'd be there.