Meeting them- waterparks

I was in line to meet waterparks, I couldn't be more excited, I could see people before me taking time to speak with them and jawn taking their photos.

They all looked so happy, haply to talk to their fans and hear how their music has changed their lives.

Only issue is, I can't speak.

I knew this was a mistake, I knew meeting them on my own would be a bad idea, my best friend was supposed to be here with me but she got sick last minute. It's not like I can talk to them about anything, it's just a waste of time. I could feel the anxiety sitting in the pit of my stomach, it was only a matter of time before I was called up. I still had time to back out and I was seriously debating it.

What the fuck was I supposed to do now? I was brought out of my panic but Jawn's voice. "Next one come on up." My heart sank as my shaky hands pulled out my phone, frantically going to the notes page where I had written what I wanted to show them

"Hi! Nice to meet you!" Awsten's happy voice exclaimed, how was he always so positive and happy?

I hugged them both and I could see the confusion on their faces as to why I wasn't speaking back to them. "Oh! That's super cool!" Awsten said reading the small paragraph explaining what was happening.

It's nice to meet you, I'm y/n. I know I may seem weird but I'm mute so I can't speak back <3

"I'll just ask yes or no questions. How are you?" He asked with the biggest smile. I nodded rapidly, I tried to type something but my hands were too shaky. A hand rested ontop of mine, I looked up to see awsten put his hand on mine. "Take your time, it's okay I promise you're fine." I smiled slightly taking a deep breath before typing again.

My best friend usually speaks for me but she couldn't make it, I'm learning to speak using the lyrics to your music

"That is awesome! Holy crap, we are so glad we could help you. Are you at the show tonight?" I nodded and he smiled. "Great! Let's get a photo." I stand with the three of them, my slime the biggest it's ever been as Jawn takes the photo.

"One, two, three and perfect!" He says and I hear the click of the camera. "It was great meeting you thank you so much for coming." Otto says, I give them each another hug before going to the room where the concert is being held.

We were nearing the end of the set and they were about to play lucky people. "I met someone very special today, it's incredible seeing how much our music impacts our fans and just the people who take time to listen to it. I hope they sing along to this song, this is lucky people." I smiled catching his gaze a few times, I tried my best to 'sing' along but nothing really came out when I tried to speak.

He could see you trying and it brought a genuine smile to both yours and his face. "You sounded beautiful tonight Boston, it was lovely seeing you all suckers!"

At the end of the show, I would have stuck around to see if I could meet the boys again like other fans are doing but I decided against it. I was hungry and tired, I wanted to get food then go back to my hotel room.

I walked down the street to a McDonalds, I couldn't be assed for fancy food, just junk food please.

I ordered some fries and a large coke before paying and waiting for it to be done. While I was waiting I heard the familiar laughs I had heard earlier this evening. I looked up to see waterparks, Lucas their tour manager and Jawn.

"Order number 43?" I went and got my food upon hearing my order number being called and began to leave only to knock into someone. "Hey! Watch where you're going bitch!" The man yelled, I jumped at the harshness in his voice.

I couldn't apologise, nothing was coming out to be able to say how sorry I was. "Not even going to apologise, freak?!" I tried to sign but he couldn't understand. He was scaring me, I felt two hands rest on my shoulders making me jump.

"I'm sorry sir, she's deaf. She means well I promise she's trying to apologise." The angry man seemed to just leave it and walk away believing the lie that I'm deaf, I turn around to see who helped me only to see Awsten.

"Hey are you okay?" He asked looking over me for any injuries. I nodded in response, I threw my fries in the bin no longer hungry enough to eat them.

"Here, keep in touch with me. I'd love to hear how you're getting along." He took my phone from my hand and put in his number. I smiled and signed 'thank you'. He laughed, understanding me.

"I'll see you around y/n.." I waved goodbye before walking out and going to my hotel. This was one crazy night.