Its always been you- Angelo Parente

Y/n's POV

I set his tie straight around his neck, he looks in the mirror making sure it's comfortable around his neck. "How do I look?" I stand behind him and rest my head on his shoulder looking at his reflection.

"You look like you're ready to get married, Ange" I smile though I could feel the tears burning in my throat, I've loved him since we were kids and now he's marrying Kelly. I love go see him happy and I know I have to officially let him go but it hurt to do so..

"You ready?" I ask making sure his suit was perfect for her. "I think so. Thank you y/n."

"For what?" I ask resting my hands on his chest. "Being there for me.. being by my side while we grew up together." I smile and nod softly.

"Y-yeah.." my voice broke but I covered it up with a cough. "I better get out there and sit down. You follow five minutes after me alright?" He nods and takes a deep breath, "see you soon married man." He laughs and I leave the room so he can take a moment to himself.

I run out into the venue and take my seat in the front row, soon enough Angelo appears and takes he spot at the alter.

~ flashback~

"Y/n let's make a promise." He turns to me as we sat in the treehouse of my backyard. I smile and look over to him, "what is it?"

"Once we grow up and we don't find love.." he pauses but I urge him to continue.

"Hm?"

"We will get married? We'll stick together?" I nodded happily and rested my head in his lap. "Sounds perfect Ange.."

Only I didn't know that now I'd have to watch him get married to another woman and he was completely unaware of the feeling I had for him.

~end of flashback~

I quickly wiped the tear away as Kelly walked down the isle, her dress is beautiful. It hugged her curves perfectly. She looked incredible.

I'm so happy for her. For the both of them.

"Do you Kelly Sirak take Angelo to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do.." she replied softly with a wide smile, I couldn't help but with that was me up there.

Be happy for him y/n! It was never going to work out.

"Do you Angelo Parente take Kelly to be your lawfully wedded wife?" He paused and looked back at me, why is he staring at me like that?

Kelly's smile faltered and she knew what was going on, "Angelo.." his head spun back around to meet her gaze once more. "Go to them.. I know you still love them." She said gently looking between the both of us.

"Are you sure? I-" Kelly giggled and nodded, she genuinely had not a single bad bone in her body, she's so sweet and selfless.

"I'm sure, go get your true love Ange." Angelo let go of her hands and the crowd of family and friends gasped, they murmured between each other.

Angelo grabbed my hand pulling me up to my feet and he ran down the pathway pulling me along with him, I laughed as we made it outside to the courtyard.

"Y/n, it's you. It's always been you.."

"I love you Angelo."

"God I love you more."