Love sick- Lonny Eagleton

Lonny's POV

"Come on dude! You can't just stare at them and drool over the thought of them. Go and speak to them, what can go wrong?" Jake continued to bug me about going to talk to y/n. It was no secret by now that my raging crush on y/n was only growing by the second.

"They could reject me and I'd look like an idiot!" I sigh resting my head on the table; why is this so hard?

"Get your shit together, go and talk to them. Lonny you're so love sick over them it's actually painful to watch." Andy pats my shoulder, it was easy to say the fear of rejection was coursing through my veins.

They made my words fall my from tongue in strings of gibberish.

They made my heart skip a beat when they asked me a question in our science class.

They made butterflies fly around my stomach freely.

"You forget he's scared of the dark. How is he going to be able to speak to them? You remember the last time he tried, he just stood and stared at them." CC laughed, this unlocked some kind of feeling inside of me, I'm going to prove him wrong.

I stood up from my seat at out lunch table and walked over to y/n who was leaning against their locker looking effortlessly beautiful. "Hey lonny! You weren't in science, I was a little worried bout you."

They were worried about me? I could already begin to feel my heart melting on the spot, I'm in way too over my head here. "Uh- yeah! I slept through my alarm by mistake." My hand found it's way to the back of my neck where I itch at it nervously.

They giggle; oh god their giggle is enough to put me in a hospital bed for a week.

"Well I took notes for you, here you go." They smile widely handing me a few sheets of paper from their locker, "thank you, I really appreciate it."

"It's no problem."

"Uhm y/n this may sound really stupid and upfront but I was thinking that maybe I could take you out tonight. It's okay it's not of course! I don't want you to feel forced or anything because that would be really bad-" I ramble on and on but am soon cut off by something soft pressing against my cheek.

"I'd love to lonny.." did they kiss my cheek?

My heart skipped a beat and I felt my face become hot, I'm sure I looked really stupid and all red but I really couldn't care. They said yes.

"Here's my number, give me a text and I'll be ready." They hand me small piece of paper which I held like it was made of gold. "I'll see you later Lonny." I watched in shock as they walked away, their arms full of books which was a usual look for y/n.

I stumble my way back over to the table, "so did you do it?" Jinxx asks, anticipation lacing his voice.

"I'm taking her out tonight.." I mumble, still trying to process and wrap my head around what just happened. Did I really do it?

"You did it? Wow dude, I'm actually proud of you." They cheered quietly and congratulated me on finally pulling myself together. Now all I have to do is not screw anything up on this date or I would never leave my house again out of pure humiliation.

*later that night*

"Is this good enough?" I ask looking at myself in the mirror but I had Andy come over and help me chose an outfit, I knew he would know what to wear on a 'date'.

"You look great. Now you know what you're doing right?" He asks, I had told him my plans, again fearing it was stupid and not worth it.

"Yeah. I'm gonna take them to the train tracks with the picnic basket Jinxx put together because I'm incapable." He chuckles handing me the basket, it's nice having someone to help me out but hopefully there's a future after this date and I'll be able to do it on my own.

"Yes. Now get going or you're gonna be late." I checked I had everything before we left my house, Andy going back home while I walked a few block to y/n's house. The nerves were definitely present but the adrenaline and excitement easily over powered that feeling.

I brought myself to knock on the door of the dainty home, the door soon opened revealing my date for the night and god did they look incredible. How did I manage to get myself a date with someone so perfect?

That's a question I'll forever be asking myself.

"You look beautiful, y/n" I smiled warmly.

"Thank you lonny.. you look handsome yourself." We were both blushing heavily at this point, nonetheless, I offered them my hand to take which thankfully they did.

Our fingers intertwined simply and I led them to my happy place, it was a place I showed no one and I considered it my own since of how calm it made me feel.

"So lover boy where are you taking me this fine evening?" They queried, "to the train tracks, I promise I'll make it better than it sounds." I chuckle, we continue to walk in a comfortable silence until we make it to the final destination.

"Here we go. let me just set this up.." I lay down the blanket and urge them to take a seat, I set the basket between us and open it up revealing a few sweet treats.

"Help yourself."

"How did you find this place? It's so beautiful."

"I was on a walk and happened to stumble upon it, it's where I go to think a lot of the time." I explain, a smile never leaving my face. "Well, im honoured." We eat a few snacks, and I feed them a strawberry just like in those cliche romance movies.

We lay back looking at the stars and constellations decorating the night sky, "my grandad used to tell me that the clouds you see at night were called night clouds. I was always so scared that it meant that it was going to storm."

"He seems like a nice man."

"Oh he was, I find comfort in the night clouds now." They giggle, our hands finding their way back together. I heard the familiar ding of the upcoming train, "oh there's a train coming!" I sit up pulling y/n up with me.

We look to our right where the train begins to pass up, I felt a hand rest on my cheek, my eyes locking with y/n's. They leant in and I met them in the middle, our lips pressing against each other's. I felt them melt into the kiss much like I did, by now the train had passed but nothing else seemed to matter in the moment.

We soon pulled away, our forehead resting together, our noses touching. "Lonny thank you for tonight.. you have no idea how long I've liked you." The confession was like music to my ears.

"I like you too, y/n.. a lot." We kiss once more before we begin to pack up, I walk y/n home, they were holding my hand and I could feel the slight shake of their body. I took my jacket off resting it over their shoulders to keep them warm during the walk. I dropped them off at their porch. "Thank you again.. here." They tried to give my jacket back but I shook my head with the same smile from earlier.

"Keep it.. I'll get it back another time."

"Goodnight lonny.."

" goodnight y/n."

I didn't want the night to end but I knew it was a night of never forget.