I'm trying but they're hot- motionless in white

Me and my family were on a trip to Malta, did I want to be here? In the least ungrateful way possible, I do not.

Staying in a house with this family is one thing but going out in public with a whiny, spoilt sibling and you can't kick her ass is another thing.

We can't really be classed as a family; we're dysfunctional. I quickly learned that my sibling took all the attention so my parents never cared about me when she's the star child.

We had finally made it through customs and security, making it to the other side. We took a seat waiting for around almost two hours but I decided to sit away from them. I just needed a moment to myself to breathe and keep my anxiety at bay.

The motionless in white I had playing on full blast in my ears was helping for sure but my peace was broken when I had my sisters bag thrown at me from afar. It slammed into the back of my head making me grit my teeth, "stop. I've had enough of your shit can't you just shut the fuck up and enjoy something for once without making it all about you all the time?" I question only getting told off by my parents.

"How is that my fault-"

"Enough y/n." I sigh and refrain from saying anything else, I only got about another ten minutes of silence when my sister came up and ripped my headphones out of my ears my music began playing out loud making me panic and stress over turning it down.

"Why the fuck would you do that? Please. Can't you go and annoy mum?" She continues to poke at me and I couldn't stand people touching me when it wasn't necessary. I wasn't big on physical contact and liked the have my own space a lot of the time. However, with my sister around that was made nearly impossible.

"Hey, why don't you come sit over here? You can join us for a bit while you wait for you flight.." My head turned to look in front of me, it was Ricky Olson, guitarist of the band I was listening to. Of course it had to be one of their songs playing.

How fucking embarrassing...

"D-do you mind?" He must have heard the music playing when my headphones were ripped out. "Of course not. You're more than welcome to. We can talk about whatever you'd like to."

I smile softly and grab my bag to go and join him, I sit in the empty seat beside him. "So, you're a fan?"

I feel my cheeks heat up with embarrassment, "mhm.. I hope that doesn't make you feel weird or anything.." I hope it didn't- I mean I'm a huge fan and I'm internally exploding from excitement. God they're so hot- stop!

He chuckles turning away from his computer, "it doesn't at all. I like talking to fans, besides it seems like you needed saving." We chuckle together while I nod my head. "Thank you very much. You're my saviour."

"I was planning on watching your videos on the plane. They make me happy I guess.." I mumble, I was the worst for socialising. I didn't want him to be uncomfortable and regret asking me to join him and his band.

"Thank you for supporting me. I'm actually currently editing a video, you wanna watch?" I felt excitement grow inside while I nod eagerly.

"I'd love to." He turns to laptop to face me a little more but where he could see it too, "it's just of vin and Justin in our hotel room. It's not much."

"It might not seem like much but I love the updates. It's funny." I giggle at the thought.

"You think it's funny, huh? Why don't you give me an update?"

"Really? You're gonna make me do an update?" I laugh quietly since we were sat in an airport and he pulls out his camera. "Why not? Think of it as a memory you can go to watch when you watch my videos."

I watch as he start recording, "okay y/n give me an update." I giggled and begin to get shy, "update, I'm in an airport on the way to Malta. I'm hanging with Ricky because I have nothing better to do, Uhm.. wow these are really hard. Now I know how AJ feels."

"It's not that bad! Come on!" Ricky defends himself.

"Oh boohoo Ricky, Uhm- Ricky is editing videos, Justin is watching me film this as well as Chris." We laugh and Ricky cuts the camera to turn to Chris and Justin.

"Ricky has somehow pulled a fan into our hell." Chris laughs while Ricky turns off the camera, "nice to meet you. I'm Chris." He holds out his hand for me to shake which I happily shake. "Y/n. Nice to meet you too."

"Family giving you a hard time?" Vin questions while eating a sandwich to which I nod slowly, glancing out at my sister who was now bothering my dad.

"Yeah.. I'm used to it however."

"Are you coming to see the show?" I shake my head at Ryan's question, "sadly I am not. Mom said 'it's a family holiday can't you leave that emo music of yours alone for five minutes'" I sigh while messing with the headphone wire in my hand.

"Well, why don't you come to the show and we can see each other again. I wouldn't want you to miss out." Justin suggests with a smile, " I would love to. I'm staying at the Baton hotel so it's not far from the venue sight."

Vinny gasps, "that's where we're staying! You should totally join us! You can stick with us." I smile gratefully. "You would do that for me?"

"I understand that you're a fan, however, you haven't treated us like we're famous. You've treated us like humans and we appreciate that a lot." Chris says while looking up from his phone.

"I mean you are human.. this is your time off so technically I am intruding and out of respect I won't be an annoying fan. I wouldn't any way but still, you get what I mean.."

They chuckle in response, "besides you seem like you need a little bit of excitement in your life."

"Y/n. Come here." My head spun around to look at my dad, me and my dad never have had a good relationship. "Excuse me for a moment." I walk over to my dad having him grab my wrist tightly. He often did this but I was used to it.

"Who are you talking to?"

"T-the band I listen to. They want to take me to the concert here for the day."

"This is a family holiday. What did we say about going to the concert?"

"It's one day. It's not like I want to be here anyways. You're gonna be having fun and so will I!" This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I wasn't giving it up.

I pull my wrist away and go back over to sit with Ricky, he doesn't say anything probably noticing it didn't go well. He simply turns the laptop to show me again so I can watch him edit his soon to be newest video.