You make it all better- Vinny Mauro

Hearing arguing from my parents was not an unusual thing, it was day after day the same argument and it was always over me.

It's always my fault.

"They're a freak! Look at them!!" My father would yell countless of times once after another.

"Stop it! They're just a kid!!" My mother screamed back. "They're not normal!"

The look he would give me as we pass in the halls of the four walls we couldn't even call a home; the look he would give a bottle of poison.

I clamped my hands tightly over my ears to try to drown out what was happening just downstairs, he would glare at me like I was a piece of dirt, like I didn't belong here. What did I do wrong? My brain became foggy with all the thoughts that filled me head.

He despises me and it's all my fault. I'm ruining whatever is left of this family.

"Hey! Hey y/n it's okay stay calm.. shh I'm right here." My older brother Vinny rushed to my side like the saviour I thought he was and held me close.

"It's all my fault! I'm a freak!" I sobbed into his chest with his jacket clenched tightly in my fists. "No don't listen to him. He's wrong.. let me fix it." He rummages around in his pockets and pulls out his headphones.

"You're alright.. you're safe I promise." He assures softly.

He pushes them into my ears and the familiar music began to flood through my ears drowning out all the thoughts I had.

"I've got you.." It was our playlist he would always play when this happened. I hurts to be so dependent on him because I know he's not always here to get me through this and it sucked but I couldn't hold him back.

He has a band and a life to live without me, I know that. It didn't stop me from depending on him right now.

He tapped my shoulder to get my attention, I looked up at him to see him wearing his glasses upside down and pulling silly faces. I couldn't help but laugh and forget all about what was happening downstairs.