Stealing drinks from a rock star- Ricky Olson

Y/n's POV

It was my daughter, Delilah's, fourth birthday today and we were all waiting on rick to turn up so we could cut the cake.

"Hey y/n-" I cut Chris off quickly, "yes the cake is vegan." I think it was showing how much I was stressing over my daughters party as well as my brother not showing up. He promised Delilah he would..

I rushed inside and cleaned up the kitchen, we would have to do the cake without him since it was getting late and I knew a few parents wanted to leave. I lit the candles and picked up the cake from the counter, "gather round everybody!" Some cheers and parents ushered there kids to come and see Delilah blow out her candles.

We sang happy birthday and she blew out the candles, "I did it!" I giggled and kissed her head. "Lilah do you want to help me give the party bags out?" She clapped and I grabbed a knife to cut the cake.

Chris came to my side and helped wrap the cake up in some kitchen towel, he slides it to Delilah who put it in the party bag and handed out. This went on for a little while until Delilah's friends had gone home.

It was now more of a party for her uncles to drink and stuff, "so what did I miss?" Ricky appeared in the back door, "uncle riffy!!" Delilah ran towards him and he hoisted her up on his hip.

"Hey there sweetheart! Happy birthday, I have a present for you." He carried the cheering toddler inside and I rolled my eyes. "Y/n, are you alright?" I nodded at Ryan's question and brushed it off, I began to clean up the mess.

"Delilah what are you drinking?" I took the red cup from her and smelt it, the scent of alcohol hit my nose. "Who gave you this?"

"Uncle riffy did." 

"Ricky appears from behind her, "wait no I didn't- I gave her a cup with water in it."

I smelt the cup he had in his hand and realised that was the one with water in. "You have the water Ricky."

"Bollocks." I took the alcoholic cup and took it to the kitchen. "Watch your language, she will copy you." I pointed to the tired toddler. "You swear in front of her! I'm supposed to be the cool uncle, I taught her her first swear word!"

"She's my kid, and how did that end for you Ricky?" Ricky shivers in his spot remembering the time I chased him around the garden and dragged him around by his ear the first time Delilah had said fuck.

I picked up Delilah from the couch and she said goodnight to the band, who wished her another happy birthday and a kiss good night. I took her to bed and she immediately fell asleep.

I walked myself back downstairs where the band were now chilling out on the couch with the tv on. "Richard. Kitchen now."

"Oooo ricks in trouble." Vinny speak with a small laugh, Rick sighs and follow me into the kitchen. I shove his shoulder making him stumble back but catch himself before he could fall. It surprised me at how he managed to stay at didn't considering I could tell how drunk he was.

"You know how important this party was to Delilah! You promised her you'd be here and when you get here you show up drunk! Not only that, you promised you'd help me out! You left your fucking bandmates to help and I denied their help because I felt bad!"

"Y/n, I know I fucked up and I'm sorry.. please don't be mad at me." He sighs trying to get forgiveness out of me. "I'm not forgiving you this time rick. This happens way too often. Goodnight." I took myself to bed knowing the band would probably stay over for the night but that didn't bother me.

I changed into comfier clothes and climbed into bed, there was a knock at my door but I ignored it and fell asleep. I didn't want to speak to anyone at this point.

I woke up to crying in the middle of the night making me jump up and run into my child's room. Only when I got there I saw that Ricky had climbed into her tiny toddler bed and was cuddling her into his chest, I admired them for a little while and waited for her to settle down.

"Monsters riffy! Don't let them get me!!" Delilah wailed, clinging onto Ricky like her life depended on it.

"Uncle riffy scared them all off, I won't let them touch you, Lilah.. Shh uncle riffy's got you.. you're safe I promise."

One she had fallen asleep I watch Ricky close his eyes along with her and fall asleep with his niece.

I smile softly at the two before taking myself back to bed, I know I said I wouldn't forgive Ricky again but he is her uncle.. she loves and I really do too. Delilah has come so dependent on seeing him at least once a week I can't just take that away from her.

He's also still my brother, yes he's an asshole but I've grown up with that asshole.