Harmless- noah sebastian

His POV

They were too kind for this evil world, way too pure to be here. The only thing I could do was watch from their closet, it sounds weird but I promise it's not; I'm a demon.

A demon who lives in someone's closet.

I sound and look scary but that's only when I take from of a demon, otherwise I look kind of cute? Or so I've been told. I'm here for the sole reason of protecting them, I was here to haunt them at first since I can't say they're in the best mental state but how can I when they're so sweet and angelic.

They haven't been arriving home till late hours at night, I took it upon myself to go and follow them since I have a bad feeling about them being out this late into the night. They were sat in a field drinking?

Why would they want to destroy their body that way? I don't understand why anyone would..

"Dear friend, why do you do this?" I hadn't realised I spoke until they spun around in surprise at hearing my voice, I was hidden behind a tree where I couldn't be seen. "Go home you are not safe here. It is dangerous especially when you're intoxicated." I speak with a slight hum so I don't scare them, that's the last thing I want to do.

"Hey guys, I feel a bit sick I'm gonna head home." They speak before collecting their things, why would they lie? That was not the reason, I could feel their aura; they did not feel sick.

They walked home with a slight rush in their steps, did I scare them? Oh no I must make it up to them, that's what you do right? You make them feel better!

They huff while setting their back on the counter, unpacking their bottle of alcohol and something else. Cigarettes? They smoke too? Poor human what are you doing to yourself..

They begin to clean a few plates in the sink, how do I help them without scaring them? They lifted the knife while I stood looming behind them, I knew they could see my reflection. They gasps dropping it back in the sink, I quickly return back to the closet.

I cover my eyes while they change, and uncover to watch them lay there motionless in their bed staring at the screen of their phone. I could hear the demons messing with their head, "shoo! Get out of here! Leave them alone!" I could only keep them away for so long but they did leave, long enough for them to fall asleep without the anxious thoughts keeping them up.

I pick up the whiteboard pen they keep in a small pen pot in their desk and write on the whiteboard they had on the wall; it took up majority of the wall.

Hi I'm Noah, please don't be afraid. I spoke to you earlier. I'm simply here to protect you, I'm harmless.

I took my spot back in the closet and called it a night, soon enough I heard the screech of the whiteboard pen writing.

I stepped out without them noticing and watched them write back, they didn't seem afraid of me?

Noah? Where are you from? Are you here with me now? Am I able to speak with you?

I smiled softly getting a warm feeling spread throughout my chest, they walked into the kitchen and I took the chance to write back.

You are able to speak with me, that is what I thought we were doing? I'm not from here that's for sure, why aren't you scared of me?

It didn't take long for them to return with some toast and a cup of iced coffee, it was a meal they had mostly everyday. They must like it if they eat it so often, I wonder what it tastes like..

They pick up the pen again beginning to respond to my question.

I've heard of this happening before, it was in an old book I read based on a true story. I like things to do with the paranormal and yes we are talking. I meant face to face, are you able to show yourself or give me a sign you're here?

I picked up the rubber I'm sure they had seen it move by now and rubbed out the conversation before picking up the pen.

This is my sign. I don't want to scare you sweet human, I shall remain in the shadows. Consider me your guardian Angel; well demon?

Instead of responding they spoke out loud which was something I was not expecting to hear at all. "Noah? Was that you?"

Yes dear it was me.

"Will you ever show yourself to me? Are you afraid of me not liking you?"

I was not, why would I be afraid of that. Us demons do not care about people opinions but somehow I cared deeply about their opinion on me..

Maybe some day human, I'm sorry about bringing you home last night. I sensed danger around you and I did not like it.

"It's okay, I wanted to leave. Thank you.."

Why do you drink? What does it do to you?

I was curious, since I haven't spent much time on earth and it seems I have a lot to learn about the humans but I was only truly interested in this human.

"It makes me forget about all my problems.. have you never drank before, Noah?"

I have not. I was told it causes damages to your body.

"Well yes it does, but it's over a long period of time. Excessive drinking that is. I am not an alcoholic; someone drinks excessively is called an alcoholic." I hummed at their explanation, that made sense.

Thank you for explaining. Stop drinking.

Their giggle filled the room as they finish eating, "okay Noah whatever you say." I sigh in satisfaction and sit on the floor crossed legged beside their bed joining them on watching twilight.

How can someone like this? It makes no sense, some stupid love triangle. I sit back and watch it regardless y/n seemed to like it so I sat in silence enduring whatever the fuck was going on.