Do you need a hand?- ricky olson

I stood in the library searching for the book I desired to read, it was one I had wanted to read for a while now but could never find it when I'm here.

After a few minutes of searching I see the book in the higher right shelf, I would not be tall enough to reach it. I sigh in defeat knowing I'd have to wait to read it when I could actually reach it.

"Do you need a hand?" I turn around to see a guy with shoulder length black hair and a simple lip ring.

"I'm sorry sir, I don't think either of us would be able to reach it.." I giggle quietly since he was only a few inches taller than me.

"Would you mind if I lifted you up to grab it? I promise I'm not a weirdo." He assured me with a small chuckle. "Would you mind I don't want-" he cuts me off waving his hand.

"No no, I've seen you try to grab it a few times now and thought that I could offer some help." I nodded at him, "I'll just sit you on my shoulder and lift you up." He walked towards me closing the space between us and effortlessly lifts me onto his right shoulder, I pull the book from the shelf and hold it to my chest.

"Do you have it?" He asks without a single sound if strain in his voice. "I have it.." he lowers me back to the floor, his hands resting on my waist to steady me.

"Are you alright?" He asks with his perfect smile.

"Yeah, thank you so much.."

"No problem." There was a long silence of us just simply admiring each other. Neither of us made a move or a sign we wanted to leave, I focused on his hands on my hips. They rested in the natural curve I have perfectly.

"I'm sorry for staring so long, you're just so beautiful.." I felt my cheeks heat up, I look down to hide it from him in embarrassment.

His hand moves from my hip and to my chin, he gently pushes up my head where our eyes meet again.

"I'm Ricky.. Ricky Olson.."

"I'm y/n.. y/n l/n." He smirks.

"Nice to meet you, y/n l/n."

"You too Ricky Olson." I smile softly at him, he's so pretty. He seems like he has a kind soul, a very sweet person.

"Are you planning on staying here like you always do?" He asks out if the blue. I shrug, "yeah I think so, I usually lock up youre more than welcome to stay with me until I go." He smiles thankfully.

"Would you mind watching my stuff while I just run across the street?" I smile at him. "No of course, go ahead." He grabs his bag off of the table and hands it to me, he soon disappears after thanking me once again.

I take a seat leaning against a book shelf hidden away from any sight, it's late so no one would be here regardless but it's always nice to hide away in a quiet place.

I was a few pages in when the familiar guy sits beside me, "I got you a hot chocolate since I know you're in here at stupid hours of the night." I giggle and thank him setting it beside me.

We go back to a comfortable silence and he pulls out a sketch book, I couldn't help but watch him from the corner of my eye as she flicks through the pages.

"Who's this? You seem to like them since you draw them often?" I pointed to the sketches of a person on the page drawn multiple times at different angles he's pretty and an incredible artist?! Damn..

"Uh-uh it's someone I admire actually. They're perfect to draw and just perfect in general. A sweetheart too." He explains, the more I look at the picture I begin to figure out who it is.

"Ricky.. are these of me?" I watch as a blush flushes across his cheeks. "Y-yeah.. I see you in here everyday. I'm sorry if it's creepy you just for me something to draw." I smile at him stealing his beanie and putting it on my head.

"No my hair!" He protests, I simply flash him a smile before rest my head on his shoulder giving my attention back to the book in my hands.

The truth is, I don't find it weird. I don't find it creepy. I have to admit, he has also caught my eye many of time and I have often caught myself staring at him and getting lost in his beauty.

We sat comfortably with each other, I read, he drew.

Ricky's POV

I drew them once again, it was addictive at this point.

I think it's safe to say I have a huge crush on them, I notice they had fallen asleep on my shoulder. I grab my jacket putting it over them hoping it would make them a little more comfortable since we're sat on the floor leaning against a bookshelf.

I set my sketch book and pencil down and rest their head in my lap so I myself can be comfortable, they trusted me enough to fall asleep beside me. I wouldn't dare abuse that trust, I lean my head back on the shelf closing my eyes.

I let sleep overtake me while smiling at the thought of having them in my arms.

The next morning I'm woken up by someone kicking my foot, I peel my eyes open seeing my band stood in front of me.

"You didn't show up to recording, we thought we'd find you here Rick." Ryan smirks, my arm protectively around y/n when they stirred in my hold.

"So this is the person you've been rambling on about?" Vinny teases, I groan. "Shut up Vin." Y/n sits up rubbing their eyes adorably, "I didn't realise I left the door open, I'm sorry for falling asleep on you Rick."

"It's alright, love." We smile at each other. 

"Of course it's alright, right Rick?" Ryan smirks. "Will you shut up?" Y/n giggles beside me. "Don't laugh at them!"

They stand up shaking the hands of my band members, "hi, nice to meet you. I'm y/n."

"So they do have a name huh ricky?" Justin speak shaking their hand. I stand up and groan stretching out my dead limbs.

"Yes, y/n, this is my band. Vinny, Ryan, Chris and a Justin." I explain pointing them out as I introduced them.

They pack up their books and my stuff shoving it into my bag before handing it back to me, "thank you love."

"I wrote my number in your book, thank you for staying with me. I'll see you guys later." I felt a small kiss pressed to my cheek before they disappeared.

"They're nice Rick. Did you do anything?" I shoved Chris as we walked out of the library. "No! This is the first time we've ever spoke and I want thing to work out. I really like them."

"Damn Rick, you really are in love huh?" Ryan teases, putting his arm over my shoulder. "Yeah.. I think I am."