Protected- angelo parente

TW// abuse

My boyfriend had just left for work and I have never felt so grateful.. but he had marked me once again.

At this point it doesn't bother me, he can hurt me all he wants, beat me up, leave his bruises; but I beg him not to open his mouth.

The shit he says sticks with me forever, it's on repeat constantly. The moment he leaves and I feel like I can catch a break, my brain plays the tape over and over.

Every. Single. Thing he has ever said to me, it haunts me.

It breaks me worse than a single punch ever could.

I stared at the red flags dead in the eyes from day one, it was my stupid self who decided to ignore them. I was the only one I can blame for this. It's all my fault.

I tried to fix things.

I tried to change for him.

I tried to help him with his anger.

I tried to help with his drinking.

I tried, I swear I did.

and now I'm so tired.

So fucking tired..

He put me in place, he moulded me into he he wants me to be. His perfect little show person, his side piece, his barbie doll..

I can't live like this anymore.

At this point I'm begging he takes it too far and ends my suffering for me. I would do it myself but I know I'd hurt a certain someone..

The phone shook in my hands, I knew if my boyfriend was going to come home in a short amount of time it wouldn't be pretty for me.
Today he had a lot of anger, he didn't have time to take it out on me, I prayed that work would diffuse some of his anger but something told me that wouldn't be the case.

"Hey y/n! It's been a while, how are you doing today?" His cheery voice never failed to put a smile on my face.

"Angelo.." I whispered softly through my tears.

"He did it again didn't he? Just hold tight I'm on my way-" I cut him off with a small laugh. "I just called to say I love you. I just wish I could hug you one more time.." A small sigh passed through my lips.

"No don't say that, I'll be there in a minute, just-just hold on for me baby.."

"Baby? Angelo.. at least take me out for dinner first." I joked half-heartedly, he had always called me baby, I loved the pet names. They stood out from the names I was so used to being called.

"I'm almost there, where are you too?" His voice was frantic and broken sounding. "Bathroom.. you don't have to come, I'll be okay."

"I'm not arguing with you about this, this has been long overdue. I just wished I didn't wait so long to get you out of there." I smiled gently feeling my eyes get heavy.

I heard the door to the apartment open and the rushing around of who I assumed was Angelo. "Y/n? Y/n!" He rushed to kneel by my side while my eyes fluttered, "i'm so tired.."

"Uh uh, don't close your eyes. Keep them open for me." He picked me up bridal style and carried me out to his car, at this point I felt spacey and completely out of the loop.

He put me in his car and it was at this point I blacked out letting the void overtake me.

Angelo's POV

"No! Y/n stay awake!" I watched the light in their eyes turn off before closing and falling against the window. "DAMMIT!" I sped 20 over the speed limit to get them back to my house, I carried them inside and laid them on my bed.

I assed their arms in the most respectful way possible, I had known them since we were little kids but it still didn't give me the right. I didn't see any major damage, just dark bruising decorating their body. I grabbed ice packs and placed them around various places of their body but mostly their ribs.

I was limited to what I could do to help, I made them as comfortable as I could and I sat and waited.

I waited until early hours of the morning until they woke up, their state of immediate panic woke me up entirely. I rushed to the side of the bed, "hey, hey it's just me.. it's Angelo, you're at my house and in my bedroom. I promise you're safe.." i explained in the softest voice I could muster up which wasn't hard at all since I was a soft-spoken person.

They leapt into my hold and I didn't dare complain, I held them close while they sniffled into my chest. "I've got you my dear.. I promise to protect you, you'll never be hurt again."

I meant what I said.

I will never let them get hurt again, I'll die before they experience even an ounce of the trauma they already had from some sick bastard.

"I promise I'll be here forever and always.."

"Forever and always.." they whispered back before closing their eyes and humming in content against my chest.

Y/n my sweet angel, you have no idea how happy you make me and how long I had feelings for you..

"Sleep well.." I fell asleep holding them protectively, just having them this close to me after having feeling for so long, felt right.

I wonder if I'll ever admit my feeling to them.