Pure angel- ricky olson

2011 Ricky :)

Fuck im so late!

I grabbed a few hair ties and threw them in the bottom of my gym bag, along with my dance clothes and pointe shoes. God knows if I'm late I'd get murdered by my coach. I threw on the first outfit I could find.

I ran out of the door throwing my bag over my shoulder and ran towards the bus stop, right before the bus was about to leave I paid for a ticket and walked into the empty bus.

I rummaged through my bag looking for my headphones, shit I left them. Just my luck..

This evening is already going terribly.

The bus came to a stop after 15 minutes, I thanked the driver and ran inside. I walk into the studio and throw my bag to the floor, I pulled my shirt over my head and threw it down along with the bag, I put on my point shoes and put on some music.

I was used to listening to some kind of screamo music, ironic right. A ballet dancer listening to alternative and screamo music.

"Okay y/n, Arial legs straight now." I did what coach asked trying to get my legs as straight as possible.
"Not good enough. Again." I did it again. It still wasn't good enough for her, I did it at least seven more times.

Only I was so exhausted my foot slipped from underneath me and I fell to the floor. "Get up."

"I'm sorry.." I told her truthfully. She just scoffed and left the room. "Lock up when you leave." I think it hurt more when she was disappointed in me, she's been my coach for years. She's like an aunt to me, she's just tough on me.

I went through my favourite dance routine which was to the song with ears to see and eyes to hear by sleeping with sirens. I finished the routine with a high kick and just took a seat on the floor giving myself a minute to breathe.

"You're really good.." I gasped being caught off guard by the new voice. My head shot towards the door seeing a short, young man. He looked like your average emo kid you would see around school, his black hair swept over his forehead, his eyes rimmed in black makeup and three lip piercings. Two on one side, one on the other. He's adorable..

"Thank you.." he swayed slightly where he stood, nervously messing with his fingers and biting at his lip rings. He's adorable, a little sweetheart.

"I-uh- I'm Ricky. I'm sorry to interrupt your dancing." I giggled standing to my feet and walking towards him. "I was just leaving Ricky, I'm y/n."

"Nice to meet you, y/n." He smiled, it only made him even cuter. It suited the rest of his facial features perfectly.

It was silent while I packed up my clothes and took off my pointe shoes. I rubbed my bruised feet before covering them up with sock and shoving my converse on. "You're an awfully quiet one, Ricky. May I ask why you're here?"

Not like I was complaining that's for sure.

"Uh, I took the wrong door to the venue next door. I'm sorry again" I shook my head with a soft laugh. "It's okay, it's nice to have some company around here other than my coach screaming at me"

"It must be quiet around here.." he says looking around the dance classroom. "I come here on evenings for that exact reason." I throw my bag over my shoulder and walk towards the door, he only seemed to grow more nervous.

I watched his cheeks flush with a light pink, "I better get going before I miss our set"

"You're playing next door?" I ask as we walk into the reception, he nods seeming to becoming more comfortable. I locked the door behind the two of us.

"Yeah I play guitar for the band motionless in white and I occasionally sing"

"Only occasionally?" I teased as we both took a slow walk next door, people were already in there waiting for the show to start.

A taller man came running out the back door interrupting us, "there you are rick! Come on the show was supposed to start ten minutes ago!" He yells completely panicked before running back inside without another word spoken to either of us.

"I better get going.." he says after we stop giggling. "Yeah he seemed pretty alarmed, you don't want to make him more mad."

"No I guess not, I'll see you around." He leaned in for a hug to which I quickly hugged back, he was so warm and gentle.

He ran inside without another look back, I was supposed to be home 20 minutes ago but I could help but feel the urge to follow him.

I walked through the same door Ricky just ran inside hearing someone singing, though it was very much screaming. It was the same guy that came outside to find Ricky. He could scream really well, better than some I've heard that's for sure.

I swayed slightly to the tune of the music and watched Ricky play, he's completely different on stage than he was off stage. He's so confident on stage and off he was just a ball of nerves.

"This is our last song, we hope you enjoy" the music start and he start singing, a new voice chimed in and I found myself staring at Rick.

We made eye contact while he's singing and his smile widens. "We have been motionless in white thank you for coming."

He sets down his guitar and jumps into the crowd, walking towards me. "You stayed.."

"You intrigued me of course I had to" I told him truthfully.

"Well, thank you" he blushed violently.

"I forgot to give this to you, I hope to hear from you again?" He handed me a slip of paper with his number on. "Of course you will.."

He leaned in and pressed a small peck on my cheek. "I'll see you soon y/n"

"Bye Ricky.."