Please come home- emerson barrett

Tw// grief

Emerson's POV

There was no reason for me to not want to do this interview, well the more I thought about it there was many reasons the idea of doing this particular interview made me want to hide away and never leave my home again.

The singular reason that made my stomach drop was how rude the interviewer is, they haven't got the best track record. It's not like we're even getting paid to do this, the interviewer has zero filter on what questions leave their mouth, zero shame.

He's known for making people uncomfortable and I knew before I even stepped off of the tour bus that I would be asked a certain question. One that brought instant tears to my eyes, one that made my heart ache terribly.

"You ready?" My brother, Remington asked. The whole morning the bus had been nothing but silent with occasional murmurs breaking the thick silence.

None of us wanted to do this but our manager insisted, "mhm." I hummed simply in response. I'd never be ready, they would talk about my child, y/n. They were a touchy subject for me.

We took a seat on the couch set in the middle of the room with the usual set up of multiple lights around us, I always found interviews to be like interrogations. They never left me feeling great after, I isolate myself to collect my thoughts which was a good thing for me since I thrive off isolation and loneliness.

We answered questions after question and I knew it was coming, the way he looked at his cards, a small but noticeable smirk on his face.

"Emerson, you have a child right? What happened to them?" I sighed, my mouth running dry.

"They Uh- went missing a few months ago.." I reply, there was very few words in my tongue to reply to him. "Do you think they ran away?"

I looked down at my shaking hands holding the mic, picking at the wire it was attached to. My throat felt tight, like it was closing up on me. I cleared my throat looking into the camera staring at us, "if they ran away, please come home.." I dropped the mic to the floor and walked out of the interview, I wanted to cry.

I needed to cry or god knows what would happen.

I slammed the bus more behind me, my head spins as I stumble to the bathroom with blurry vision. Smoking weed wouldn't take my mind off it their disappearance this time. I closed the bathroom door behind me and slid down the door, my breathing becoming more erratic as the seconds flew by.

I shoved my hat from my head letting it fall to the floor, my fingers laced through my hair pulling at the roots.

I pulled my fist back staring at the broken person in the mirror, I threw it forward smashing the mirror into pieces. The most blood curdling scream rips through my chest, I haven't cried over their disappearance since the first three days of them being gone. It's been building up inside of me, it was simply only a matter of time before this would happen.

I threw up all I had in my stomach till I was just heaving, "emerson!" The familiar arms of my middle brother wrapped around my waist, I fell into his arms weeping loudly.

"I want them back! I want my child! Please I can't take it anymore! Please!" I sobbed loudly scrunching his shirt up in my hands tightly, I held onto him like my life depended on it.

"I know, I know.."

There's nothing worse than a parents losing their child.

I loved my isolation and being alone but I only wanted to be alone with them. I would always open up my space for them. It's ours to share and now I'm all alone..

I need them.

Please come home.

Sorry this is so shitty <33