Too perfect to be true- Ricky Olson

It was perfect.

We were perfect.

We were dancing in the bitter wind but we were too happy to care that the cold was nipping at our flesh. The serotonin was coursing through my vein giving me a constant fix of happiness.

"I love you." He said, his palm pressed against my cheek, his thumb running along my cheek wiping away the tear that fell created from the wind.

I couldn't help but smile, he gave me the butterflies I have always wished to feel. They were not fake this time, "I love you too Rick.."

"Goodbye my love."

"Wait wha-" He took a step back creating space between us, the world around me became dark.

The wind whistling around us quickly faded away.

"Ricky? What's going on?!" I panicked.

But he was just stood in front of me with tears in his soft blue eyes.

The building around surrounding us soon disappeared.

"Please! Come back!" I desperately tried to reach out for him but he stood there with a sad expression painting his face. It seemed as if he was unreachable, he was so close yet so far.

The melody changed, the sweet tune of singing turned into loud beeping. My ears were ringing so loudly I covered my ears to make it stop but it was inescapable.

And in the end... he fades away like everything else.

I was right.

It was too perfect to be true.

The ringing stopped but the beeping didn't seem like it was ever going to stop. I peel my eyes open only to shield my eyes away from the brightness.

I'm in a hospital room.

"Y/n! Oh my god you're awake!" My best friend squealed excitedly, rushing over to my bedside.

"What happened?"

"Y/n, you were in a coma for six months.."