The unspoken- Michael Kuza

Tw// su*cide

Michael's POV

I made my way into the maths classroom, still a dismal feel bouncing off the walls and keeping the room stuffed. I knew it would forever linger.

I took my seat at the back of the class when a substitute teacher filed in not far behind me. "Good morning class, your teacher is off sick so I'm here to fill in. Let's get the registration done." The man spoke, it was clear he didn't want to be here much like everyone else in the class. It wasn't what it used to be, no one was eager to talk to each other, it just wasn't the same ever since.

Their empty seat still sitting beside me, no one dared to take it. No one dared to move the desk or rid of it. It was theirs. Only theirs. A sad memorial.

"Michael?" I raised my hand silently to show I was present. "Y/n?" The air thickens, a deadly silence.

"Don't ever speak their name." I raised my voice in anger and defence. I grabbed my bag, storming out the room. I couldn't stand hearing their name, I couldn't stand the thought of them. Too many memories; all good.

It was weird to think the slight mention of their name was like poison to my ears. To anyone that knew them even. Y/n was the type of person to know everyone in school, never was seen without a smile gleaming on their face.

Was never apposed to helping someone in need, they were the only thing that brought the school together. No matter how young or old you were, you knew y/n.  You knew y/n would always help you, with homework or just simple advice.

The sweetest and most genuine person you would ever come across. Smart and beautiful, they weren't popular, just well known throughout the entire school.

~Flashback~

"Class please settle down!" The maths teacher spoke, the class slowly fell quiet with a few hushed voices still scattered around the room. I noticed y/n wasn't here, they were never late or missed a day of school. They could be puking and physically couldn't stand but would still make it in time for school.

I frowned slightly, a bad feeling setting my in the depth of my stomach.

"I have been informed of some terrible news regarding a fellow classmate." The short statement caught everyone's attention.

The students eager to know the hot new gossip, they fed off the news around the school, no matter what it was; It was like a drug to them.

"If anyone needs the day off it is welcome to anyone. It is important you stay with your family and make sure you have someone close with you." Confusion flooded my mind as I leaned more on the table to hear what she had to say.

"Y/n L/n has sadly taken their own life. It is vital you stay with family and friends since I know how much y/n was loved by everyone, especially in this class alone."

A giant wave of sadness crashed over me which only could be described as a prison with no escape. A black, dull, hole swallowed me up in nothing but a matter of seconds.

My heart shattered, my stomach sinking further to the depths of my body, I didn't know it was possible but my body felt like jello. Tears rushing to my eyes for the first time before I could even take another breathe. I hadn't cried in years, I wasn't that type of person.

I preferred to stay quiet and to myself, it was always better that way. People would often call me cold and heartless but I didn't care what people thought of me. Nothing mattered but the news of my partner passing was the thing to break me.

Our secret affair was over. Just like that. They had slipped through my fingers in a matter of moments.

The class was motionless, no one moved, no one muttered a word as they all processed the news. Melancholy and low. Y/n was always so happy. It was more than unexpected to hear of this news, they suffered in silence under all of our noses. Under all that happiness they so naturally gave off, they were suffering..

My cries were the thing to break the thick silence, I couldn't hold them back. I couldn't stop the sobs that fell so mercilessly from my lips.

All those memories flashed through my head likes photo album, their scarlet eyes lost in the city light. It was unknown to anyone including myself how I managed to attract such a beautiful character like y/n. It will forever be a mystery to me.

People I hated and had never spoken to crowded round my table to mourn the loss of such an incredible person.

They managed to bring us all together in times of happiness, they kept the school a sane place. No one picked on y/n, no one spoke badly about y/n or it was a whole school problem; now we sit round my desk brought together by y/n once again but this time it was far from happiness.

It was sullen and ugly.

It was a shock to everyone to hear me cry but I couldn't help it. It so naturally happened..