Smile for me -Ryan Sitkowski

I sat in McDonald's with just a coffee in front of me and my laptop, I held my phone to my ear hearing my mum yell at me down the phone.

It was something I was used to that's for sure but for some reason it was really getting to me today.

"Why must you move half way across the world for a stupid dream you will never accomplish! Come home and get a real job!" This was a real job, I'm a photographer. I take photos for a living and make money off of my prints, I'm here to work with a band for their upcoming tour.

It would have been stupid of me not to take the opportunity! I get to do the things I love and have dreamed of for years, I can see the world and take photos. I get paid for it, they pay for my flights from place to place, meals and such. I get to get away from my mum..

"You're stupid and quiet! Half the time you can't even stand up for yourself how do you expect being out there in the world with people you don't know?!" By quiet she means I prefer staying to myself, not socialising if I don't have to. I'd rather stick my nose in a book or busy myself with editing.

"Don't raise your voice at me-" I speak quietly taking my attention away from the laptop. "Who do you think you're speaking to?! You're so rude and selfish!" I felt tears well in my eyes, "you suck you know that?" I end the call and wipe my eyes.

I go to grab my backpack from the floor but knock over my coffee in the process.
"Oh shit!" I mumble and grab the napkins I was given earlier and begin to clean it up. I was interrupted by a mystery hand holding more napkins.

I follow the arm to see the mystery guy's face, "oh, uh thank you very much" he smiles helping me clean up the mess I made.

"Mind if I join you?" I shake my head letting him take a seat in the booth across from me. "You take photos?" He asks gesturing to my camera to which I nod. "Yeah I'm editing some photos now"

"Ah that's really cool, I take photos occasionally. It's more of a hobby." I smile setting my camera to the side, "I-I have a job as a photographer for a band. Motionless in white" he smirks slightly.

"Oh really? Ever heard their music?" I nod slowly. "Yeah a little, I couldn't tell you their names though which is quite bad if I'm going to be working with them." I laugh lightly trying to ease the anxiety with speaking to a new person, something about just his smile told me I could relax around him.

He gave me a small player vibe but it wasn't anything strong, he seemed really sweet regardless. I didn't know anything about the guy to be able to judge.

"Oh I'm sorry I gotta run, I'm Ryan by the way.."

"Nice to meet you Ryan, I'm y/n.." he smirks softly taking one last look at me while standing up, "oh and y/n?" I hum in response.

"Smile for me, you're too pretty to frown" he chuckles quietly as he leaves with his jacket over his arm.. I couldn't help but smile and feel my cheeks heat up at his comment..

———

"Hi nice to meet you, I'm Chris. This is our drummer Vinny, guitarist Ricky, our bassist Justin and our other guitarist Ryan is in the green room I think" I smiled greeting everyone, in the short time I've been around them they seem really nice.

They've helped me out a lot in a short amount of time, who am I to complain?

"Hey y/n, we're gonna go into the green room before the show you're more than welcome to stay here or you can join us" Ricky offers, I nod grabbing my camera. "Let's go I better start taking pictures, it's what I'm here for" I giggle making sure I've got everything.

"Don't worry yourself with it, just relax not pressure at all" I nod thanking him quietly. I follow behind him like a lost puppy, I have no clue where I'm going.

When we finally get there Vinny holds the door open for me, "thank you" he smiles letting it go. "This is Ryan and Aj"

I turn to see someone I wasn't expecting thats for sure. "Ryan-?"

"Y/n.." he comes over and pulls me in for a hug which I happily return, I wasn't a person who usually likes hugs but I wasn't doing to deny one from him.

"Seems like you two know each other just well.." Justin smirks giving us those eyes. "Don't look at us like that!" I gasp playfully to which he laughs.

He holds his hands up in defence, "I didn't say anything!"

"Your eyes did!" I accuse him making everyone laugh. I felt like I had known these guys forever, they're so easy to get along with. "Don't accuse my eyes of such things y/n!" I laugh throwing my head back, it all soon died down and people went to doing their own thing.

I went over to one of the mirrors and checked my makeup, my eyeliner was not holding up today. I clean it up the best I can with my finger though it wasn't doing much.

I was too far in my thoughts to notice someone picking up my camera which was still very much around my neck. "Hey-" I look in the mirror to see Ryan stood behind me.

"Hey there.." I smile softly, he picks up the camera keeping the strap around me. "Give me your best smile.." he says and I shake my head with a giggle and taking the camera back from him. "Not today I look like shit." I tell him, "hey don't say that!"

He takes the camera back and lifts it up as if he's going to take a picture in the mirror. "Now smile for me silly"

"Ryannnn" I whine.

He kisses my cheek snapping a picture in the mirror. "Oh my god you suck." I tell him trying to cover up the fact I thought he's incredibly cute.

"Now smile.. you're still too pretty to frown" I look back into the mirror but my eyes still stayed trained on him while he took another picture. "Perfect miss l/n"

"You're so cheesy."

"Okay but why was that cute?" I snap around at the voice of Aj who gets punched in the arm by Vinny.

"You had to ruin it, that was cute and that's coming from me." He says seriously. "Jesus Christ you guys it was just a picture-" I'm cut off by my phone telling me I got a notification.

It's from Ricky? It's picture of me and Ryan in the mirror but taken from someone else. I look over at sticky who just sinks in his seat with a cheeky grin and holds his own camera close.

I show them to Ryan and he laughs at the photos. "We are quite cute love.."

Oh god.. there's butterflies in my stomach..