He was an observer- jinxx (bvb)

*each one is over a different day*

Jinxx's POV

I sat in the back of the class taking in my surroundings, this history class had no interest to me, I simply never paid attention but gave all my attention to this one person.

They bring four bars of chocolate to class every day and gives two to the boy sitting next to them since they're his favourite.

"Hey y/n! Have a good day." I smiled walking passed them in the halls. At first they didn't smile back but the more I reminded them to have a good day the more welcoming they became to the idea.

They put their head down and put in headphones when the class gets too loud, could be out of fear?

I was worried for them, I don't know them very well but I cared about them. We had spoken a few times in the halls when I would say good morning to them but apart from that there was nothing more to it.

They go to the bathroom before and after every class to avoid the people in the busy halls.

"Are you okay?" I asked standing outside the bathroom when they finally left, the halls were bare expect from the occasional person late to their class.

"I'm okay Jinxx."

That's the first time they've replied to me.

They sit alone at lunch and break at the end of the field by the same tree every day. Sometimes they read, sometimes they just sit and watch the people around them.

"Hey Jinxx are you alright?" Jake queried patting my back and leaving his hand to rest there. "Yeah.." I continue to look in their direction. "I see you've taken an interest to y/n. Dude they're not worth it." I sighed, was I the only person who felt like everyone deserved equal treatment?

They stood at their locker dropping a few papers, they panicked and rushed to pick up the pieces that fell.

"Here let me help you." I knelt down picking up a notebook, it was plain back but had a note on the front of it. 'The things I want to say but can't'
"Thank you.." they spoke softly as I handed it back to them, "would you mind if I sat with you at lunch today, y/n?"

"You don't have to pretend to like me?"

"Who said I was pretending?" I replied quickly meeting their gaze.

They never ate infront of me, they stayed quiet when I sat beside them. I offered them my lunch but they declined.

"Well I packed plenty of extra lunch today, would you like to share it with me?" I begged silently hoping they would take it, I didn't want them to feel uncomfortable around me.

"I'm okay, Jinxx.."

"Please?" They hesitantly took a single piece of popcorn from my lunch box and ate it silently. In return they handed me their second chocolate bar. I pulled open the packet and snapped it in half handing the bigger half back to them.

"I insist.." Their face lit up, a small glint in their eyes while we sat against the tree eating the chocolate in a comfortable silence.

I now see why they sit at the same tree, they can see everyone from this spot. They're an observer. While having one headphone in their left ear they still gave me all their attention.

"What music are you listening to?" They lifted the right headphone and handed it to me, their hands held a slight shake.

I took it pressing it into my ear, "I never had you down as a metal core person."

"I guess you learn something new about someone every day?" I smiled softly at their response.

They became more and more comfortable around my presence, even when I offered them food they took it without hesitation. Yet, when they see me talking with my friends they pretend they don't know me at all.

"You've been hanging out with y/n quite a lot, huh?" I shrugged simply at Andy. "You should come sit back with us at lunch, it's not worth it." I sighed not knowing how to respond but out the corner of my eye I watch y/n rush past me in a hurry.

"I want to sit with them, they're funny."

"And we're not?" CC laughs shoving Jake with his shoulder as he laughed. You're not them.

They slowly stopped showing up to classes. I missed them.

I walked to the bottom of the field not seeing y/n anywhere, a piece of paper taking their seat. I sat down and picked it up.

'I love you, Jinxx.'

I felt my cheeks heat up at the note. They never showed up that day, or any day after that..

I had extra popcorn that CC would eat.

I bought my own chocolate to school.

I felt empty.