UP IN FLAMES

An uncomfortable silence separated both Wayne and Raven. He watched and smiled at his brand new grandson pretend to fly his Dr. Fate action figure through the air as Raven sat quietly, stirring her coffee with the teaspoon that was given to her before their meal.
"That's a cool doll, Will." Wayne smiled making both Will and Raven stare up at him.
"It's an action figure." The two of them stated in unison.
"Sorry...cool action figure," He corrected himself before staring back over at Raven. "I'm sorry for staring, you look exactly like your mother." He added in.
A sudden tug pulled at the corner of Raven's mouth causing her to smile.
"I don't really remember what she looks like." She said before tucking her head in shame.
"Oh man she was beautiful," Wayne smiled along with Raven. "You look a lot like my Emmy too y'know." He said with a sudden sigh, taking note of what just came from his mouth.
"Emmy?" Raven asked with a creased forehead. "Who's Emmy?" She questioned but Wayne didn't answer.
He sighed once again before slowly sliding his plate away from him and sitting back.
"Emily," Wayne spoke again. "That's uh.. That's your sister." He scratched his beard while saying.
Suddenly, Raven's smile faltered as she eyed the man sitting across from her before scoffing.

"All done baby?" Raven asked her son causing him to nod his head with a mouthful of strawberry and banana pancakes

"All done baby?" Raven asked her son causing him to nod his head with a mouthful of strawberry and banana pancakes. "Alright, let's go." She quipped grabbing Will's doggy bag and hoodie.
"Raven, hold on." Wayne begged and followed her out into the parking lot of the diner. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to dump that on you like that." He apologized.
"Thanks for the dinner, here." She said attempting to hand him her last ten dollars. "Take it Wayne." She demanded this time making him back up in return.
"Sweetie, I don't want your mon...
"Let me break this down for you so that it'll forever be broken, I'm not ya sweetie." Raven spun back around to let him know. "You wasn't there for me when I was born, you wasn't there when my mom died and no one wanted me; but don't worry no one ever touched or beat me while I was in foster care if that's what you was wondering." She snapped now angered by his words. "Where the hell were you, huh Dad?!" She yelled this time.
In response to her tone of voice, Wayne's body tensed as his eyes began to sting and his hands began to shake.
"I didn't know." He said allowing the tears to fall down his cheeks.
"Great, now he's crying." She said to herself while placing Will in his car seat. "As far as I'm concerned Wayne...I don't have a dad." She spit before walking around to the driver's side of the car and getting in.
"Bye Gwampa." Will gave a toothy smile while waving out of the window at Wayne.

" Will gave a toothy smile while waving out of the window at Wayne