DON'T LET ME GO

THAT SAME EVENING
Alison's POV

"I'm sorry" the doctor says now standing in front of us causing Emily to let out what sounds a lot like her last breath.

"Don't say that" Emily tells the doctor. "Don't give us bad news, please don't...

"I'm sorry" the woman adds in. "We were able to treat the ulcers and stop them from attacking her blood vessels but after the surgery she slipped into a coma" she finishes.

"Thank you Jesus" I breathe out causing everyone to look over at me. "Look, I know that she's in a coma but she's not gone" I say. "There's still a chance" I add.

"She's right" the male doctor agrees. "We can try inducing her IV with zolpidem which is a sedative that's meant to treat insomnia but there's a chance she could forget some things once she wakes up but the memory loss will be temporary for at least two weeks" he lastly informs us.

"Do it" Wayne tells them as I hug the kids.

"Mama" Courtney says crying in my arms while pointing to Emily standing in the corner crying.

Looking over to see my wife I release the kids from my hold before slowly walking over to Emily.

"Em" I lowly call out causing her to look up at me with tears in her eyes.

Quietly sobbing Emily then throws herself into my arms.

"C'mon" I quip. "Lets go see her" I suggest.

"I can't" Emily cries while taking my hand to stop me from going inside the room.

"Em" I start. "I'm right here with you" I add before walking into Pam's hospital room with her hand and hand.

"Ali I can't...

"Yes you can" I disagree with her. "Em talk to her, she can hear you" I tell her.

Releasing her grip on my hand Emily then walks over to Pam's bedside to talk to her.