DYLAN

Unedited
4 YEARS LATER
Alison's POV
-MAMA! I hear Courtney yell as I'm taking an important phone call for work.
-I'LL HAVE TO CALL YOU BACK I tell one of my colleagues.
After hanging up the phone I see that the kids are back from school.
-WHAT HAPPENED? I frantically ask once I see dirt all over Dylan's clothes.
-DYLAN GOT IN TROUBLE AGAIN Courtney informs me.
-HE WAS FIGHTING Corey tells me.
-DYLAN WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT FIGHTING? I ask him.
-BUT IT WASN'T MY FAULT Dylan whines.
Suddenly my cell starts to ring.
Looking at the caller ID I see that it's Dylan and Corey's teacher.
-GO TO YOUR ROOM I tell him.
The kids all put their backpacks down as they go upstairs.
-YEAH IM SO SORRY ABOUT THAT I say to their teacher. BELIEVE ME HE IS IN BIG TROUBLE AND HE'LL PERSONALLY APOLOGIZE TOMORROW MORNING I tell him.
-IM SORRY MS. FIELDS BUT IF DYLAN GETS IN TROUBLE ONE MORE TIME I'LL HAVE TO TAKE IT TO THE DEAN AND HE'LL GET EXPELLED he says.
-FUCKIN' PRICK I mutter, hanging up the phone.
I sigh and take a breather before heading upstairs to Corey and Dylan's room.

We ended up moving to a much bigger house to give everyone more space.
It's still in Rosewood though.
Walking in the room I see Corey spinning her basketball on her finger while Dylan plays Dragon Ball Xenoverse on his Xbox one.
-COREY BABY CAN YOU GIVE US A MINUTE PLEASE? I ask my daughter.
-OKAY she quips getting up and taking her Ball with her.
As much as Emily pushed for her to do swimming she somehow fell in love with basketball.
I check once more before turning back around to Dylan.
-DYLAN I call out but he doesn't answer. DYLAN I say again but I still get nothing.
-DYLAN! Corey shouts from the door.
-HUH? Dylan questions.
-GO DOWNSTAIRS I warn Corey.
-YES MAMA? he asks.
-DON'T MAKE ME CALL YOU THAT MANY TIMES AGAIN I tell him.
-YOU DIDN'T CALL ME Dylan tells me.
-WHATEVER I say. WHY WERE YOU FIGHTING? I ask.
-BECAUSE Dylan sadly says. ZACK K..KEPT...HE..HE KEPT SAYING TH..THAT IM STUPID he stutters out.
-ATTA BOY JUST KEEP PUNCHING HIM WHEN HE SAYS STUFF LIKE THAT Courtney says walking by his door.
-SHUT UP COURT I tell her. LOOK BABY I KNOW THAT KIDS ARE MEAN BUT YOU'VE ALREADY GOTTEN IN TROUBLE FOUR TIMES YOU CANT GET IN TROUBLE AGAIN I say to him. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I ask.
-YEAH Dylan pouts.
-NOW GIVE ME YOUR GAMES I command.
-BUT MA...
-YOU KNOW THE RULES DYL I say.
He sighs and removes the disk from the system and hands me the rest of his games. ALRIGHT NOW LETS GO WE HAVE TO GO GROCERY SHOPPING! I yell to Courtney, Corey and Dylan.
Grace and Lily are at practice with Emily.
...
Walking around the Market Corey and Dylan play with each other as Courtney reads a book on her phone.
-COURTNEY BABY PUT THE BOOK DOWN FOR A SECOND I say to her. YOU READ TWENTY FOUR SEVEN, WHICH IS A GOOD THING BUT I NEED HELP RIGHT NOW OKAY?
-SORRY MAMA Courtney says locking her phone and helping me pack groceries into the cart.
-MAMA CAN I HAVE THIS BALL? Dylan questions, showing me the plastic ball.
-YOU'RE STILL IN TROUBLE DYL I tell him and he glumly walks away to put the ball back.
-IM SORRY MAMA he says as he walks next to me.
-I KNOW, BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL AND APOLOGIZE TO ZACK AND MISTER DANIELS I tell him.
-BUT...
-I KNOW WHAT ZACK DID AND I DON'T BLAME YOU FOR WANTING TO HIT HIM BUT THERE'S OTHER WAYS TO DEAL WITH THINGS BESIDES FIGHTING SO YOU HAVE TO APOLOGIZE I state.
Suddenly Dylan falls to the floor and starts screaming to the top of his lungs.
-NO! NO! he screams. I DON'T WANT TO! NOOO!
-DYLAN GET UP I say bending down to stand him up but he continues to scream and cry.
While doing that Dylan stops screaming and starts to shake uncontrollably.
-MAMA WHAT'S WRONG? Courtney questions now freaking out holding onto Corey.
-DYLAN I say trying to reach him. LOOK AT ME I add but he doesn't.
I then remove my sweater and ball it up placing it under his head.
-I CALLED NINE ONE ONE Corey tells me through her sobs.
-C'MERE Courtney tells Corey, holding her so she won't see what's going on with Dylan.
I don't even know what's going on with Dylan.
Minutes later the ambulance comes and we all make our way to the hospital.
Emily's POV
-YOU GIRLS WERE ON FIRE TODAY I say to Lily and Grace as they get into their car seats.
-MOMMY Lily calls out. YOUR PHONES RINGING she says.
I quickly put their gym bags into the trunk before rushing to the front seat to grab my phone.
-HEY AL... WAIT SLOW DOWN, WHAT HAPPENED? I ask her.
She continues to cry and panic over the phone.
-WE'RE ON THE WAY NOW I state once she finally tells me where they are.
I make sure to strap the twins in before pulling out of the parking garage and speeding off to the hospital.
As we run inside the hospital I spot Alison and the kids and rush over to them.
-WHAT HAPPENED? I ask Alison.
-I.. I DON'T KNOW...HE..HE STARTED SCREAMING AND CRYING AND THEN HE STARTED HAVING A SEIZURE Alison stutters. I WAS SO SCARED she sobs.
-ITS OKAY I say wrapping my arms around her. HE'LL BE OKAY I mumble into her hair.
The doctor then comes out with his clipboard in his hands.
-EVERYTHING IS FINE he says. SEIZURES ARE NORMAL FOR SOMEONE LIKE DYLAN Doctor Reynolds tells us.
-WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN SOMEONE LIKE DYLAN? I ask him.
-DYLAN WAS DIAGNOSED ALREADY RIGHT? he questions.
-I DON'T UNDERSTAND Alison says. DIAGNOSED WITH WHAT?
-IM SO SORRY, I WAS SURE SOMEONE TOLD YOU the doctor says.
-TOLD US WHAT? I ask.
-DYLAN HAS AUTISM he informs us.
Soon as he says that I literally feel my heart stop and start beating again.
Turning around I see Alison crying uncontrollably.

-HEY WE'RE GONNA GET THROUGH THIS OKAY? I ask, pulling her into me

-TOGETHER? she questions me through her cries

-TOGETHER I respond, wiping her tears away.
_________________________
-WHY DON'T YOU AND THE GIRLS GO GRAB SOME ICE CREAM I say to Alison.
She nods her head and gets up to kiss Dylan's head.
-I'LL BE RIGHT BACK Alison tells him.
Once they've all left the room Dylan turns to look me in the eyes.
-WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME MOMMY? he asks me.
-NOTHING IS WRONG WITH YOU BABY I tell him as I rub his head. THIS IS JUST A MINOR COMPLICATION AND MAMA AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU'RE OKAY.
-OKAY Dylan says. WHEN CAN WE GO HOME, I WANNA PLAY MY GAME he tells me making me laugh.
He loves that game.
-SOON BUDDY I tell him. THEY HAVE TO RUN A FEW TESTS FIRST AND THEN YOU CAN GO PLAY YOUR GAME, OKAY? I ask him causing him to nod his head. I LOVE YOU I add.
-I LOVE YOU TOO he says.
Alison and the girls then comes back with different flavors of ice cream and cake and we all await the test results before going home.

Family Complications... 😭
Dylan has Autism 😰
Enjoy 😊
-D
Courtney: Age 13, Corey: Age 8, Dylan: Age 8, Lily: Age 6, Grace: Age 6
Alison: Age 27, Emily: Age 28