CHANGE IS GOOD

THE NEXT DAY
Hannah's POV

Gorgeous.

Breathtaking.

Beautiful.

Completely fucking alluring.

Lying in bed those are the only words that seem to come to mind as I stare at the sleeping blonde.

Watching her chest slowly rise and fall i start to reminisce on last night.

~Flashback~

"Sing to me" Courtney tells me as we lie next to each other in bed.

"Okay" I agree. "What do you wanna hear?" I ask my best friend.

"Golden Slumbers" she tells me bringing a small smile to my face.

The night of my sister Manny's party a lot happened and when I ran to Courtney for comfort she sang me the exact same song.

Nodding my head and secretly deciding on another song I begin to sing the lyrics.

"Just close your eyes" I start causing Courtney to quickly look up at me. "the sun is going down" I sing with a smile on my face. "You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now" I sing while gently stroking my hand through her hair. "Come morning light..you and I'll be safe and sound" I lastly harmonize before lightly kissing her head.

"You remembered it?" Courtney smiles through her tears.

"Yeah" I giggle. "I mean, The Hunger Games is only one of your favorite movies and you made me sing it a gazillion times" I add.

When the girls and I were in third grade Courtney was getting picked on by a girl in school so Brooke bit her and I punched her.

That same day we stayed the night at Isabella's and Courtney made me sing that song to make her feel better.

I completely sucked at singing but I didn't care as long as it cheered her up.

Looking over at the reflection of the moonlight beaming onto her ocean blue eyes I push a strand of hair behind her ear.

Underneath the covers, Courtney lifts my arm up before inching closer and cuddling my side.

Draping my arm around her from the back I snuggle my chin onto her shoulder before falling asleep along with the blonde.

~End Of Flashback~

Stirring around in bed I block my eyes from the burning sun.

Looking at the alarm clock I remember that I have to be somewhere.

While trying to get up Courtney grabs my hand so I won't be able to remove it from her waist.

Stunned at the gesture I look over at her, not sure what to do.

"Stay" Courtney says turning around to look at me.

"I have to meet Manny and my parents but I'll come back" I tell her.

"Promise?" my best questions.

"I promise" I assure her. "Give me like three hours tops and I'll be back" I add giving her a smile before getting up to head to the bathroom.