GIRL NEXT DOOR

3 DAYS LATER
Bentley's POV
-GOD DAMN IT I groan out while playing Assassins Creed Origins at my friends house.
-YOU'RE NOT GONNA BEAT IT Max laughs at me.
-SHUT UP I say to him while keeping my eyes on the screen.
-BENT! I hear my mom yell up the stairs.
-SHIT I mumble after dying.
-BENTLEY she says walking into Max's room. IM GOING OUT WITH A FEW FRIENDS FROM WORK my mom tells me. GO TO YOUR AUNTS HOUSE AND STAY THERE UNTIL I PICK YOU UP she adds.
-ALRIGHT MOM I say.
-I LOVE YOU my mom tells me giving me a kiss on the forehead.
-LOVE YOU TOO I reply.
Ever since my dad died my mom has made it a daily routine to say I love you to each other because you never know when your time is up in this world.
-I'LL SEE YOU LATER ANGIE my mom says to Max's mom.
-OKAY CECE Angie says as they exchange hugs.
Right after my mom leaves Max and I go downstairs to the kitchen.
-IM GOING NEXT DOOR Max tells his dad George.
-FINE AND DON'T COME BACK his dad jokes. ANGIE I TOLD YOU ABOUT FEEDING THE STRAYS he adds.
I laugh at his family before walking over to my aunts house.
-COURTNEY SHOULD BE INSIDE IF MY AUNTS AREN'T HERE I tell Max.
-COURTNEY WHAT? Max questions.
-DILAURENTIS FIELDS I state. WHY?
-NO WAY DUDE SHE'S MY NEW TUTOR my friend informs me. I JUST HAVEN'T MET HER YET he adds. IT SUCKS THAT SHE LIVES NEXT DOOR TO ME THOUGH, NOW I CANT LIE TO HER AND MISS OUT ON OUR SESSIONS.
-YOU'RE SO WRONG I laugh at him.
Knocking on the door I hear Lily yelling down the stairs.
Courtney's POV
-LILY CAN YOU GET THAT? I ask my little sister.
-COMING! I hear her yell as someone knocks on the door.
My moms took Grace, Corey and Dylan to their dentist appointment, and since me and Lily already had our appointments a week before them we're home alone.
-LILY WHO IS IT?! I ask while throwing my hair up into a ponytail.
I just came back from dance so I'm pretty hot and I need to get showered.
-ITS BENTLEY! Lily yells back up to me.
I quickly run downstairs into the living room to see my cousin and another boy.
-WOAH the boy gawks as I stand in front of him with my dance shorts and a tank top on.

-COURTNEY, LILY THIS IS MAX LOPEZ Bentley tells me.
-OH YEAH YOU'RE THE NEW BOY NEXT DOOR THAT IM SUPPOSED TO TUTOR, RIGHT? I ask as he just stares at me.
-HELLO? Lily waves her hand in front of his face still getting nothing. HE'S WEIRD she quips before skipping off into the kitchen.
-COME IN I tell them. SORRY ITS A LITTLE MESSY IN HERE I apologize. LILY PULLED OUT ALL OF HER TOYS.
-ITS COOL Bentley quips. HEY COURT DO YOU MIND IF I TAKE A SHOWER? my cousin adds.
-GO AHEAD I tell him. AND HURRY UP SO I CAN GET IN I sternly say.
-FINE he says before running upstairs.
-YOU DON'T SMELL LIKE YOU NEED A SHOWER Max blurts out causing me to furrow my eyebrows. WAIT I..I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE TH..THAT I JUST MEANT YOU SMELL REALLY GOOD he embarrassingly stutters.
-THANKS I GUESS I laugh. ARE YOU ALWAYS THIS JUMPY AND AWKWARD? I ask.
-YEAH Max answers.
-OH OKAY I respond. LOOK, DO YOU MIND IF I HELP YOU STUDY NOW SINCE YOU'RE ALREADY HERE? I ask him.
-SURE he nods.
...
-ARE YOU THIRSTY? I ask as Max tries to find the answer to the algebraic equation. WE HAVE A CASE OF FRUIT PUNCH LEFT FROM OUR BARBECUE I tell him.
-YEAH he answers. THANKS.
After going into the kitchen to grab two cans for me and him I bring them back out putting them on the table coasters.
-THANKS Max says while staring at me.

-YOU SAID THAT ALREADY I giggle.
He nods his head and gets back to the equation.
-I DON'T GET THIS he sighs and puts his pencil down.
-DON'T GIVE UP I tell him. YOU CAN DO IT, I KNOW YOU CAN I smile. JUST USE THE PAIRING METHOD I add. BOTH EXES GO TOGETHER AND THE EXPONENTS GO TOGETHER AS WELL.
-IM SORRY Max apologizes. IM AUTISTIC AND DYSLEXIC AND I GET THESE REALLY BAD HEADACHES WHEN I DON'T GET SOMETHING he informs me.
-I KNOW I quip. IT SUCKS.
-HOW WOULD YOU KNOW he snaps at me. YOU'RE SMART, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS.
-I KNOW BECAUSE MY LITTLE BROTHER'S AUTISTIC I admit. I SEE WHAT HE GOES THROUGH.
After hearing me say that Max's face softens up.
-SHIT IM SORRY he apologizes. I DIDN'T MEAN TO YELL AT YOU.
-I GET IT I smile.
While smiling Max starts to gaze at my face.
-YOU'RE REALLY GORGEOUS he compliments me.
Now blushing super hard I start to take in his good looks too.
As we watch each other Lily falls down the stairs hitting her head on the railing.
-OOOUUCHHH! my little sister cries in pain.
Rushing over to her I see that her forehead is gashed open.
-I GOTTA GO I panic.
-HOW ARE YOU GONNA GET TO THE HOSPITAL? Max questions me.
-UM MY MOMS CAR IS HERE I say. HELP ME GET HER OUT THERE I tell him.
As I grab paper towels for her head Max picks Lily up and puts her in the car in the garage.
-DO YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE? He asks.
-NO I frantically say back.
After taking several deep breathes I finally turn on the car and pull off into the street.
Wildly driving I swerve and speed past other cars.
While driving I hear sirens behind me but I continue to drive.
-SHIT, SHIT, SHIT! I panic as I try to drive back on the right side of the street.
Finally at the hospital I pull up near the entrance but not too close to it before hopping out and grabbing Lily.
-UM MY..MY NAMES COURTNEY DILAURENTIS FIELDS AND MY LITTLE SISTER LILY DILAURENTIS FIELDS HIT HER HEAD PR..PRETTY BAD I tell the woman as they put Lily on a bed, rolling her down the hall.
-WHAT HAPPENED? A doctor questions.
-SH..SHE..SHE WAS WALKING DOWN THE STAIRS AND JUST FELL I stutter. I HAVE TO CALL MY MOMS! I yell out as the cops put me in handcuffs. CALL OUR MOMS! I tell them.

To be Continued...
Courtney and Max??? 🤔😏💞
Lily's hurt 😭
Courtney drove to the hospital 😬
Courtney got arrested 🤦🏽‍♀️
Enjoy 😊
-D