RAGING ENVY

Unedited
1 WEEK LATER
Emily's POV
-COACH FIELDS THIS IS MAYA ST GERMAIN, OUR NEW GUIDANCE COUNSELOR May tells me. AND MAYA THIS IS...
-WE ACTUALLY ALREADY KNOW EACH OTHER MAY Maya tells her.
-OH, RIGHT May mentally slaps herself. I FORGOT THAT YOU BOTH ATTENDED ROSEWOOD she laughs. WELL ANYWAY, YOU TWO HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER ON THE PTA SO IF YOU WEREN'T ACQUAINTED BEFORE PLEASE GET ACQUAINTED NOW May lastly says before walking away.
I stand there in an awkward silence and position before tightly pursing my lips and walking away.
-EMILY, COULD YOU WAIT UP? I hear Maya ask as I walk down the hall.
-YEAH, MAYA? I ask in a tone that not even I'm sure of.
-LIKE I TOLD ALISON she starts. I REALLY AM SORRY, BUT IF YOU OR ALISON AREN'T OKAY WITH ME WORKING WITH YOU I'LL TRANSFER TO ANOTHER SCHOOL Maya tells me. I DON'T WANNA CAUSE ANYMORE TROUBLE THAN I ALREADY HAVE.
-YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT, MAYA I sigh. I'M FINE WITH WORKING WITH YOU AS LONG AS YOU'RE ABLE TO KEEP THINGS PROFESSIONAL.
-I CAN DO THAT she answers with a smile. AND MAYBE ONE DAY IN THE FUTURE ME, YOU AND ALISON CAN CHANGE OUR PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP TO POSSIBLY AFFABLE Maya nervously says.
-ONE DAY AT A TIME I comment as I saunter out of the teachers lounge.
-HEY, EMILY! Maya shouts quickly walking after me causing me to turn back to her. TELL COREY THAT IM SORRY she adds before hugging me.

 TELL COREY THAT IM SORRY she adds before hugging me

I hug her back feeling as though she might need it.
-SEE YOU AROUND Maya says now walking off.
Maybe she has changed.
Lightly smiling to myself I turn around only to bump into Alison glaring at me.

-ALI I quip. I DIDN'T SEE YOU THERE.
-IM SURE YOU DIDN'T Alison mutters.
-WHAT'S WRONG? I ask seeing the anger all over her face.
-IS IT NORMAL TO HUG THE PERSON WHO TRIED TO RUIN YOUR RELATIONSHIP AND KIDNAP YOUR DAUGHTER? she asks. IM JUST WONDERING she shrugs.
I look down at the ground releasing a huge sigh before looking back up at her.
-IT WAS JUST A HUG I let her know. SHE APOLOGIZED AND SHE PROMISED TO KEEP THINGS PROFESSIONAL I add.
-SINCE WHEN WAS HUGGING YOUR EX PROFESSIONAL? Alison questions me with an attitude.
-SINCE WHEN WAS HAVING SEX WITH YOUR COWORKER AFTER SCHOOL PROFESSIONAL? I snap back instantly regretting what just came from my mouth.
Alison scoffs and turns around to grab her things.
-ALI, I DIDN'T MEAN...
-IM LATE Alison says as she walks to the door.