EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

1 MONTH LATER
Emily's POV

"Em, what're you doing in here again?" Alison breathlessly says after calling and searching all through the house for me

"Em, what're you doing in here again?" Alison breathlessly says after calling and searching all through the house for me. "I locked the door so you wouldn't go in" she states as I stare into the empty crib.

Sighing to myself I roll my eyes before looking over at her.

Since that night I've been trying my best to stay away from Alison and get as much alone time as I possibly can.

Mostly because she's been hovering above me and asking how I'm doing every two minutes of the day.

"Alison, I'm not a kid I can handle standing alone in a room" I say in a monotone. "You can stop locking the damn door already" I hiss before walking out into the hallway.

"Em, where are you going?" Alison questions through her sighs.

"To the hospital" I notify her. "Not that it's any of your business" I mutter.

"But you were just at the hospital yesterday" my wife reminds me. "I don't think it's healthy for you to keep going back"she adds in as I grab my purse from the hook on the wall.

"Somebody has to, right?" I ask before leaving the house.

20 minutes later and finally arriving at the hospital I get myself and a few things out of the car before going in.

After signing in and talking with the financial planner I decide to stop by the room I gave birth in.

"She's getting pretty big" I hear someone say from inside of the room. "She's almost as big as you" the girl adds in.

Turning the corner of the door I stop in the doorway once I see Hannah sitting down next to the incubator with Nathan inside.

"What're you doing here?" I ask being as though she should be in school.

"I was just talking to him" Hannah answers turning to look at me.