BABY SHOWERS

Earlier that day...
Alison's POV

In the room getting ready for the baby shower that Courtney planned I look to the side of me after hearing Nathan farting and pooping in his sleep.

"Oh my god, Lily baby can you pass me the wipes on the dresser please?" I say pinching my nose to avoid the smell.

"Where?" Lily asks softly.

"Watch your brother" I tell her standing from the bed only to realize that the wipes aren't where I told her they are.

Leaving Nathan with his big sister for a few seconds I walk around the bedroom and through mines and Emily's bathroom in search of the pink bag of baby wipes.

"Mama, I found them" I hear my daughter say from the room.

Once seated again in the spot that I was in previous to this moment I glance over at Lily to see her watching me.

"Wanna help?" I ask since she's paying such close attention.

"Mhm" Lily hums and nods her head.

Gently tapping the space next to me being careful not to wake Nathan, Lily comes and sits on the bed while I place the baby in front of her.

"I don't know what to do" my eight year old tells me with that silly toothless smile on her face.

"That's why I'm gonna show you" I smile back before unbuttoning Nathan's bodysuit and lifting it off of him giving her access to his diaper. "Okay, now the first thing you're gonna do is pull your shirt up over your nose because he stinks" I laugh.

"Check" Lily responds through the fabric of her shirt.

"Then you...crap I forgot his powder" I curse myself. "Just pull those two tabs back on the side and wait for me" I say leaning over to look for the baby powder.

While searching through the cupboards and drawers in my room I suddenly hear patters of liquid droplets.

"MAMA!" Lily whines making me sit up in a hurry.