SUMMER NIGHTS

9 DAYS LATER
Emily's POV
-IM PICKING UP COREY FROM PRACTICE! I yell out to Alison as I leave out of the door.
Walking down the porch stairs to my car Alison opens the door and rushes out.
-CAN YOU GRAB SOME HUMMUS ON YOUR WAY BACK? she asks. I FORGOT TO BUY SOME.
-YEAH I tell her before giving a tiny smooch to her cheek and leaving.
...
Sitting in the car waiting for Corey I see her walking out.
-MOMMY! Corey exclaims running over to hug me. I THOUGHT MAMA WAS COMING TO GET ME.
-HEY I quip. MAMA IS AT HOME COOKING I say hugging her back and taking her bag to put in the trunk. HOW WAS PRACTICE? I ask.
-IT WAS GOOD she says back. ARE WE STILL HAVING A BARBECUE TONIGHT?
-YEAH I tell her. WHY, YOU WANNA INVITE SOMEONE? I ask.
-NO BUT COACH KEEPS SAYING HE'S COMING TO TAKE ALL OF THE FOOD Corey says rolling her eyes.
-COACH CAN STOP BY IF HE WANTS I laugh. BUT HE ISN'T TAKING ALL OF THE FOOD, IM PRETTY SURE AUNTIE HANNA WILL EAT IT ALL ANYWAY I add making her chuckle.
She then gets quiet and I drive towards the store to get the hummus.
-MOMMY? Corey calls.
-YEAH? I ask.
-I DON'T WANNA DO BASKETBALL ANYMORE she confesses. I WANNA BE A SUPER MODEL she tells me with a huge smile on her face.
-WHERE'S ALL THIS COMING FROM? I curiously question.
-I DUNNO Corey shrugs.
-BECAUSE I DON'T WANT YOU TO THINK YOU HAVE TO BE A CERTAIN WAY TO FIT IN I tell her. I WANT YOU TO DO WHAT YOU LOVE AND BE OKAY WITH IT I add. NOT EVERY GIRL IS GIRLY.
Growing up I had a lot of issues with other girls because I wasn't girly enough for them.
Then I met the girls and they were perfectly fine with me.
I just want her to know that it's okay to be different.
-MAMA SAYS IM A LOT LIKE YOU my daughter quips.
-YOU ARE I smile.
-BUT I REALLY WANNA DO IT she states.
-OKAY I quip. IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANNA DO IM FINE WITH IT I tell her. WE'LL BE PROUD OF YOU EITHER WAY.
-SO CAN I DO IT? Corey questions.
-YEAH I tell her. I WOULD HAVE TO RUN IT BY MAMA FIRST BUT I DON'T SEE WHY NOT.
-YES! she happily grits.
-ALRIGHT CRAZY KID I laugh. WE HAVE TO GET SOMETHING FROM THE STORE AND THEN WE'LL GO HOME I tell her.
-OKAY she quips as I continue to drive.
3 HOURS LATER
Courtney's POV
Each summer my moms host this big family barbecue on the beach.
They say that it keeps us all close.
I guess you can say that's true.
While sitting in the sand playing with my little brother and sisters I see the girls walking over to me.
-YOU'RE FINALLY HERE I say getting up to hug them.
-SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG Ailyn says. BROOKE'S MOM DRIVES SLOWER THAN MY GRANDPA she jokes.
-BUT YOU STILL GOT HERE THOUGH Brooke says to her.
-WHATEVER Hannah laughs. LETS GO DOWN BY THE DOCKS she suggests.
-WAIT I stop them as they start to walk off. IM WAITING FOR BELLA I state.
-UGHH Sofia groans. WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO COME? she asks.
-BECAUSE SHE'S MY COUSIN AND I WANT HER HERE AT MY BARBECUE JUST LIKE I WANT YOU HERE TOO SO SHUT UP I snap at her.
-YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE ALL MEAN ABOUT IT Sofia mumbles.
-IM SORRY I say giving her a hug. ITS JUST...I REALLY WANT YOU TWO TO GET ALONG BECAUSE I LOVE BOTH OF YOU, OKAY? I ask.
-OKAY Sofia says back. IM SORRY TOO, I'LL BE NICE.
Isabella then puts Jonathan down with uncle Caleb and runs over with Bentley.
-HEY BENT, HEY BELLA I say giving my cousins a hug each.
-HEY BENTLEY Ailyn says giving him googly eyes.
-HEY AILYN Bentley responds.
I look between my best friend and cousin before walking down to the docks.
-THEY'RE TOTALLY CRUSHING ON EACH OTHER Isabella whispers to me causing me to giggle.
While sitting near the shoreline skipping rocks and playing around Hannah turns to me and taps me.
-DO YOU THINK WE'LL STAY FRIENDS IN HIGH SCHOOL? She questions me while looking at my moms and aunts.

-WE'LL BE FRIENDS FOREVER I smile at her while taking her hand in mine.
She smiles back and lays her head down on my shoulder as we watch the others play.
-C'MON! Brooke calls out to us causing us to run to the shoreline kicking and splashing water at each other.
__________________________
Alison's POV
-ITS HOT AS BALLS OUT HERE Hanna says as we sit on the beach house patio.
-ITS NOT EVEN THAT HOT I respond. STOP COMPLAINING I add.
-YOU'RE NOT THE ONE WITH A SWEATY ONE YEAR OLD SITTING ON YOU AND SUCKING YOUR BOOB DRY she says back making us laugh.
-HAN, WHY DON'T YOU JUST STOP BREASTFEEDING HIM? Aria questions as Jonathan sits on her lap drinking milk.
-EVERY TIME I TRY TO STOP HE CRIES she tells us.
-THAT'S BECAUSE HE'S SPOILED CeCe quips.
-Y'KNOW STATISTICS SHOW THAT...
-ITS WAY TOO HOT FOR ONE OF YOUR STATISTICAL LESSONS SPENCER she says cutting Spencer off.
-YOU KNOW YOU CAN BUY ICED PANTY LINERS Allison states.
-IM LOOKING THAT UP Emily says pulling out her phone.
While Lydia tells us about her new job as principal at her school Grace and Lily run over to me.
-MAMA! they call out. DYLAN FOUND A LIZARD they both exclaim.
-THEY SHOULD STOP TALKING AT ONCE, ITS CREEPY Caleb says as Emily gives him the finger.
-ITS A TWIN THING Both Spencer and Alex say in unison, making each other laugh.
-WHERE'D YOU FIND THAT? I ask my son.
-UNCLE JASON AND UNCLE STILES HELPED US FIND IT Dylan explains to me.
-THERE WAS A WHOLE FAMILY OF THEM Mickey excitedly tells his dad.
-WELL YOU DON'T WANNA TAKE IT FROM ITS FAMILY Scott says to Mickey. PUT IT BACK he tells him.
-OKAY DAD Mickey sighs.
-MAMA DO I HAVE TO? Dylan questions. CAN I KEEP IT?
-DYL I'LL BUY YOU ONE Emily tells him. PUT THAT ONE BACK.
Dylan smiles and sticks the lizard out while chasing the girls.
-STOP IT! Corey yells as she runs away from him.
As they run Elizabeth trips over Rosie's foot causing her to fall.
-GET UP KID Stiles says to his daughter.
She quickly hops up and dusts herself off making us laugh.
...
After the men cleaning up for us we all head to our rooms in the beach house to go to bed.
-WHAT'S WRONG? Emily questions me as I lie there in deep thought.
-I WAS JUST THINKING I start. IF MY DAD WOULDN'T HAVE DONE ALL OF THOSE THINGS TO ME THEN I WOULD'VE BEEN FINE AND I PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE MET YOU AND WE WOULDN'T HAVE THE KIDS I state.
-WHAT MADE YOU THINK OF THAT? Emily asks.
-I DON'T KNOW I shrug. I JUST THINK I SHOULD STOP BLAMING HIM AND START THANKING HIM BECAUSE I MET YOU OUT OF IT AND I GOT TO MARRY MY BEST FRIEND AND WE HAVE THE PERFECT FAMILY I say with a smile.
A smile then comes across Emily's face as she gazes into my eyes.
-C'MERE she quips, placing her hand on the side of my face and bringing me in for a kiss.

Once we finally stop kissing and she tells me about Corey's decision to quit basketball and start up modeling we watch tv for a while before cuddling up to each other and falling asleep

There's gonna be a time jump soon.
Not that soon but after at least 8-10 chapters.
Corey wants to model 👠
Ailyn doesn't like Courtney
Ailyn and Bentley???🤔
Spencer and Hanna 😂
Enjoy 😊
-D