SHOOK ONES (Pt. 1)

"Hey, moms is it okay if I just stay home? I have to play catch up on some work for one of my classes" Courtney asked just as she watched her parents walk down the stairs towards she and her siblings.

"Why do you have to catch up?" Alison asked. "Courtney, I told you if Mechelle becomes a distraction the two of you have to...

"I know. But he's not a distraction, I just volunteered for some community service around the school for my senior year so I kind of fell behind a bit" she explained to her mom. "Plus the school year hasn't even started yet so the work really doesn't count, it's just something for us to do over the summer."

"Mama, we want to stay home too" Grace decided to speak for herself and Lily.

"Well, Nathan does have to take his medicine soon" Emily stated in a questionable manner.

"See, Yeah I could just watch them for an hour or so while you guys are out" the younger blonde tried to negotiate. "I'll give Nathan his medicine and I'll have them fed and cleaned up before you get back, just please let me stay and finish this" Courtney begged now practically groveling at their feet.

"Fine, you don't have to beg loser" Emily responded with a playful eye roll. "School hasn't even started yet and you're stressing over imaginary work that you made up. What kind of loser does that?" She joked causing Courtney to motion a swear word in asl. "This is why I've never liked you" Emily's mouth dropped in shock before she could taunt her eldest daughter making her laugh as she jokingly punched her with body shots.

"Okay, okay im sorry" Courtney apologized through her laughter.

The sight of her wife and daughters relationship made Alison smile. Since meeting Courtney, Emily never failed to make her smile or even laugh. It was always amazing to Alison how she would have to work hard for a smile from the kid but all Emily had to do was look at her and Courtney would fall into a fit of laughter. And though their bond wasn't a biological bond it was still their bond and no one could replace it. It was one of the many reasons that made Alison want to spend the rest of her life with Emily. She was always so good with kids; and no matter what happened to her she knew that they would be okay because they had Emily as their mom.

"Alright you two cut it out" Alison broke up the fight session. "Where's Corey?" She questioned once she spotted Dylan walking past her with his shoes in his hand.

"She's in the basement" All four children declared at once.

"Still?" Emily asked.

A little while after getting into a one on one with her daughter Emily decided to call for backup. Within her 32 years of life she had never experienced having to really discipline a child and Corey had decided to make the process exceptionally difficult for her. Being as though she couldn't bring herself to do it, she phoned her father telling him to pick her up for the night. It was already super late and her parents were already in bed so by the time Emily could call him back to see if he was on his way he had fallen into a deep slumber; and Corey decided to follow her mother's exact orders by staying where she was.

"I mean, she said mama told her not to move so technically she followed your instructions" Courtney tried to defend her little sister.

"No, what she's doing is being a smart ass" The brunette huffed out as she headed down towards the basement where she found Corey sitting in the same spot with the same exact posture. "Corey, What are you doing?" Emily questioned.