COREY

Save the date, July 3rd. For Corey she didn't have to save it because it was a day that was etched into her mind. It was truly a day that she would never forget. It was special for most of the kids her age in Rosewood. It was the party of the summer. Hell, it was the party of the year for she and her peers. The only problem was that Corey wasn't invited. Karen Welsh's 12th birthday party was a party that had been planned and arranged for months before. Her mother took the time out of her busy schedule to hire acro dancers, caterers, interior designers to create a theme which happened to be spa night and Melanie Martinez to perform a whole set of songs from her latest album. The woman went all out as if it was her first child's wedding day. She even hired this years biggest YouTube phenomenon Sparky the dog which cost her at least an arm and a leg. There was no doubt that the girls party would be amazing but the only way that Corey would be able to experience the hootenanny firsthand is by watching videos and staring at pictures on Instagram. For some apparent reason the eleven year old wasn't invited to the party even though her brother, best friend and cousins were all invited. Grace and Lily were even invited and they're only 8.
Corey had the slightest idea of why Karen hated her so much. Maybe it was something that she did or maybe she actually didn't hate her and just wanted to get Corey's attention just to be her friend. Maybe she was just born into a family of evil witches and decided to cast her hateful spells upon Corey just for the sport of it. Whatever it was it costed her an invitation to the party that she so desperately wanted to attend. The house was semi silent other than the faint sounds of Nathan gurgling on his own foot from his bedroom. Courtney was out with Mechelle per usual. Since the two started dating he's been the only reason she ever leaves the house now unless she was forced to. Grace and Lily were just kids so they were in bed by 9:30. Everyone in the house was asleep except for herself and her parents. And Nathan of course. There was nothing to do and no one to talk to since everyone else in town were probably at Karen's party, so Corey's night consisted of her daily routine. With her thumb on the screen of her cell phone Corey continued to scroll through her instagram double tapping on the photos of all of the models that she could think of who had straight hair and wore a size 000. There was Lily Rose Depp, Alesya Kafelnikova, Nicole Richie and of course Bella Hadid who just so happened to wear a size 00 but that was okay. They were all beautiful in Corey's eyes unlike herself. She strived to be as beautiful as them and even though there's always someone telling her how beautiful she was she never believed them. Not even her moms. When she made the decision to quit basketball to pickup modeling she thought that everything would come easy for her. Especially since both her moms always told her that she was gorgeous. Corey believed it for a while until Naomi told her otherwise. Seriously, what adult tells a 10 year old that they're not pretty enough or skinny enough to make the cut? Now sighing to herself Corey stood from her bed before making her way over to the scale in the corner of her room. 81.5 lbs the machine read. Still not skinny enough, lose a few pounds and you'll be beautiful was the words that she could picture coming from Naomi's mouth. While in deep thought Corey heard a quick chime causing her to look over at her phone lying on the bed. On the screen was a picture of her newest friend Charlie.