DR. SANDOVAL

THE SAME NIGHT
Emily's POV

"What the hell?" I ask quickly shoving Talia as soon as her lips touch mine.

"I'm sorry" Talia quips. "I shouldn't have done that" she adds.

"No, you shouldn't have" I agree. "You can't just go around kissing people especially married people" I tell the doctor.

"I wasn't aware that you were married" Doctor Sandoval says.

"Yeah well now you know" I snap causing her face to bawl up.

Storming over to my mothers bedside, I gently kiss her forehead.

"I'll be back soon" I whisper since doctors say that one can still hear while in a coma. "I love you mom" I add before pulling my purse strap over my shoulder and storming past Talia.

After leaving the hospital I take a quick breather before going home.

Arriving at the house I exit the car walking up to the porch.

Now inside I see Corey and Dylan play fighting on the carpet.

"COREY LET GO!" Dylan screams at her as she holds him in a headlock on the floor. "COREY I CANT BREATHE!" my son also shouts making her quickly release him from her hold.

"Are you okay?....OUCHH!" Corey yells after Dylan cutting her off by chopping her in the throat.

"Guys, Guys" I start. "Cut it out or go down the basement if you're gonna kill each other" I add.

"Hi mommy" Corey says giving me a hug.

"Hey" I say hugging the both of them. "Where's mama?" I ask.

"Helping Lily and Grace with their homework" Dylan tells me using his index finger to point upstairs. "Mommy, Corey won't let me fight her" my son whines.

"Corey, let your brother fight you" I jokingly say with a laugh while walking up the stairs.

At the top of the stairs I can see Alison Sitting on the floor helping the girls study.

"Hey" Alison says now looking at me from the room.

"Hey" I quip in response. "Hi babies" I add pecking the twins cheeks.

"Hi mommy"

"Hey mommy"

The girls say at once while still writing their vocabulary.

Standing there I look down at Alison noticing how she's looking at me.

Squinting in my direction as if she knows something's wrong Alison stands up.

"Grace, Lily I'm gonna go talk to mommy for a second but whatever you don't understand just circle it and I'll go over with you" my wife tells the girls before grabbing my hand and leading me into our bedroom.

"Where's Courtney?" I ask now that we're in the room.

"In her room still hating me" Alison answers. "What's up?" She also questions looking into my eyes as if she's reading me.

"What do you mean...

"Something's wrong, I can tell Em" Alison says folding her arms and shifting all of her weight to her right leg.