BABY SHOWERS Pt. 2

"Hope" Hannah simply told the girl that she once called her big sister. Growing up as kids Hannah and Manny were never close but you could tell that Hannah always looked up to her. Anything that Manny did Hannah wanted to do it too. Anywhere that Manny went Hannah was always a few steps behind her. Manny was also known for looking out for her little sister. Whenever it came down to it the girl would get into an all out cat fight just to protect her. When the time came she taught Hannah how to defend herself and that was how they bonded. They were those siblings that always seemed to get on each other's last nerves but deep down they really loved one another.

Eventually both Manny and Hannah grew up and things between the siblings became complicated.

Manny started hanging around the wrong crowd and Hannah...Well Hannah became herself.

Gay.

Though she never told anyone, word got out and her parents turned their backs on her and so did Manny.

The two hasn't even spoken to each other since the first time Hannah told her family that she was pregnant.

"That's a pretty name" Manny responded.

"Very pretty" The two girls mother decided to add in her opinion making things even more awkward than before.

"On that note let's get this party started; there's plenty of food for everyone" Courtney said trying to avoid the tension between the family members.

After everyone dispersing around the backyard and going around to mingle with friends and family the party really began to start.

Though the Idea of the baby shower was originally for Hannah, Courtney had invited everyone that she could think of.

Her moms friends and family, friends of the family, friends of friends and even her ex boyfriends family the Lopez's from next door. After all the party was now for her best friend as well as her moms. Courtney just wished that things weren't so weird between Hannah and her family. At least then she wouldn't be stuck in the corner alone eating crackers and hummus while wallowing in her self pity.

"So why'd you Choose the name Hope?" Alison asked the younger pregnant girl first just to get a conversation started.

"I don't know" Hannah replied back to the older woman giving off a shrug along with her response. "I guess when I found out about her I hoped that she would be healthy" she added in. "And I hoped that she has everything and more of what I never had; I hoped that she knows that there's nothing in this universe that she could ever do to make me stop talking to her or stop loving her" Hannah expressed while taking a glimpse over her shoulder at her parents sitting talking with Manny.

 "And I hoped that she has everything and more of what I never had; I hoped that she knows that there's nothing in this universe that she could ever do to make me stop talking to her or stop loving her" Hannah expressed while taking a glimpse over...

"I hoped that to her I could be that parent that I was always yearning for" she softly spoke. "So, Hope is her name."

"I think Hope will be proud to have you as her mom" Emily gladly told her as she held Nathan over her shoulder to burp him.