PUNISHMENT

THE SAME NIGHT
Alison's POV

Finally being released from the high school I sit in the parking lot of the school escorting kids out to their parents as Courtney sits in my car waiting.

Finished with getting everyone reunited with their children safely I take a deep breath before getting in the car.

"Wh..is she okay?" Courtney frantically asks as I get in the drivers seat. "Yeah she's right here we're on our way; drive" she directs me making me pull off.

"Where are we going?" I ask not knowing where I'm driving to.

"Grace is in the hospital, she got hit by a car while riding her bike" my daughter tells me making my heart drop into my stomach.

Terrified of all the what if questions going through my head I speed off in the direction of the community hospital.

Getting there I rush into the ER with Courtney while trying to find the room that Grace is in.

Seeing Emily standing at the end of the hall pacing back and forth nervously biting her bottom lip I run straight into her arms letting her hold me.

"Where is she? Is she okay? What happened?" Multiple questions burst out of my mouth now that we're with Emily.

"She's in surgery right now" Emily speaks with a hoarse voice. "She was riding in the street and a car turnt the corner and um...the doctor says she'll be fine" she tells me. "Ali I'm sor...

"It's okay Em" I cut her crying off by pulling her into yet another hug.

"C'mere" I quip holding my arms out so we can hug all of the kids.

"She'll be okay" Courtney tells the kids as we all stand in the middle of the hallway hugging. "I'm gonna go get you guys some coffee" our oldest tells us making me nod my head.

"Thanks baby" I quietly say rubbing the back of her head before letting her go.

"Let's just sit down and wait" I tell everyone else. "C'mon" I lastly say to Lily as she cries.
_________________________
3 HOURS LATER
Emily's POV

"Im exhausted" I say through my loud exhaling.

"Me too" Corey says making me laugh.

"Uh where do you want me to put them?" Brian questions walking into the house after us with both Grace and Lily sleeping in each arm.

"Could you put them in bed?" Alison questions him making him head upstairs with the twins.

As soon as I got to the hospital with Grace, I called Brian to fill him in on what happened.