FUNDRAISING Pt. 2

Courtney's POV

Occupying my shift at the fundraiser I come to a sudden stop once I see Hannah and Ethan walking in together.

"Bentley, I'll be right back" I let my cousin know placing down the tickets before walking over to Hannah.

Getting closer Hannah smiles at me earning one back in return.

"Hey" Hannah says first now that we're standing directly in front of each other.

"Hey" I respond. "Happy birthday" I add making her smile grow wider.

"I didn't think you guys remembered" she confesses.

"Why would we forget?" I ask.

"Well, because we aren't friends anymore" Hannah glumly states.

"Hannah just because we don't talk as much as we used to doesn't mean we aren't friends anymore" I assure her. "We're best friends" I let her know.

"Yeah, well if you're all still friends where are the other girls? How come they aren't over here saying happy birthday and it's just you?" Ethan questions making me give him my famous shut up look.

"Don't answer that" Hannah mouths to me.

Wanting to let her know that we all still care I answer anyway.

"We're all assigned different booths" I let him know. "They're around here somewhere." I add. "I'll call them...

"No, it's fine" my best friend says turning down the offer.

"You sure?" I ask.

"Yeah" Hannah nods one last time.

Assuming that she doesn't want to be bothered right now I flag it off.

"Okay, Happy birthday anyway" I tell her. "You should come by the house later" I suggest.

"Maybe" Hannah gives me an answer along with a tilted head and a smile earning another in return from me.

Bringing her in for a hug I begin to feel her hands going a little lower than usual.

Though she isn't actually that low if you know what I mean; the touch of her hands on the small of my back still sends a shiver down my spine for some apparent reason.