THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT

"Ouch" Corey hissed after burning her finger with the flat irons that she stole from Courtney's room.

Every day at 5 o'clock in the morning Corey would wake up and get herself ready for summer camp. Of course her personal hygiene was super important and she always wanted to be ready for her day but the ten year olds first priority was her hair. Ever since quitting the basketball team and starting up modeling Corey's self esteem had been really low. The thought of modeling and having fun taking pictures while blowing up in the spotlight was amazing to the young girl and that's pretty much what she wanted to do with the rest of her life. But things became a little more intense after her modeling coach basically told her that she wouldn't make the cut. Corey slowly but shortly became obsessed with her hair and her overall look. And no matter how many times her moms told her that she was beautiful she still thought that she wasn't beautiful enough.

"Corey, it smells like burnt bacon in here" Dylan groaned out in his sleep smothering his face with his pillow to escape the smell of his sisters burning hair. "Go back to sleep or I'm telling moms" he threatened from his bed.

"And I'll cut your eyebrows off" she threatened back turning to him with her mother's razor in her hand.

"No you won't" her brother mumbled under his breath sending her running up the stairs to their overhead beds challenging him with the weapon. "Okay okayy" Dylan flinched And hid under his covers from her.

Back down on the floor in front of the mirror the curly haired girl messed with her hair a bit more before unplugging the irons and slightly smiling at herself.

[•••]

"Ali, seriously?" Emily questioned while staring at her wife still lying in bed after asking her to change Nathan. "I know you're not sleep" she quipped standing up from their newest memory foam. "Alisonnn" Emily whined matching Nathan's cries but the blonde still pretended to be asleep. "Cunt" she blew out tossing a pillow at the back of her her wife's head.

"What the hell, Em?" Alison asked now sitting up to glare at Emily But all she does is walk out of the room.

Hysterically laughing Emily walked into the baby's room picking him up from his crib and carrying him over to the bathtub so that she can wash him.

While in the bathtub with the four month old Emily started to gently drain warm water over his head and body getting ready to bathe him.

"We're gonna Get you all cleaned up" the not so new mom said to her baby boy as he opened his mouth releasing a soundly cry. "Awe it's okay, mommy's gotcha" Emily told Nathan now with him cradled on her arms and knees blowing kisses at him causing him to stare up at her.

 "Awe it's okay, mommy's gotcha" Emily told Nathan now with him cradled on her arms and knees blowing kisses at him causing him to stare up at her