BACKYARD PARTY

6 DAYS LATER
Alison's POV
-MAMA DYLAN'S BEING MEAN AGAIN Corey tells me as I get the cakes ready for the party.
-GO GET HIM I instruct her while putting the candles on each cake.
-OKAY Corey quips. DYLAN MAMA WANTS YOU! She yells up the stairs.
-I COULD'VE DONE THAT MYSELF I say to her. I SAID GO GET HIM NOT YELL UP TO HIM.
-SORRY she says.
While waiting Dylan walks downstairs with his fake nunchucks swinging them around.
-YES? Dylan questions once he's standing in front of me.
-WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR SISTER? I ask him.
-NOTHING he claims.
-YEAH HUH HE HIT ME WITH THOSE Corey whines.
-NO I DIDN'T SHE'S LYING my son says in response.
-YES HE DID MAMA I SAW HIM Lily says.
-AND COREY WAS CRYING Grace adds in.
-THEY'RE LYING he whines.
-SO IF I CHECK THE SURVEILLANCE VIDEOS WHAT WOULD I SEE? I ask all of them to see who's actually lying.
After asking that the girls all point to Dylan.
-DYL DID YOU HIT HER? I ask kneeling down in front of her.
-YES he glumly replies.
-GIVE THEM TO ME I say.
-BUT MAMA...
-HAND THEM OVER DYLAN I add. NOW I sternly say holding my hand out.
He then places the nunchucks in my hand and trails over to the couch.
-CAN YOU GUYS LIKE CHILL OUT? I ask. IF I HEAR ANYTHING ELSE THATS BAD THE PARTY'S CANCELED.
-NOO they all cry.
-YES I quip. NOW HOLD HANDS UNTIL I START TO SEE SOME LOVE BETWEEN YOU TWO I smile.
Both Corey and Dylan frown before sitting down to watch tv while holding each other's hands.
-THATS MORE LIKE IT I happily chirp. NOW WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR MOM AND COURTNEY TO GET BACK AND WE CAN GET STARTED.
Where the hell are they?
...
1 HOUR LATER
Courtney's POV
-NO THE DRINKS GO OVER THERE my aunt Spencer instructs the delivery guys.
-SPENCE CALM DOWN auntie Aria says to her. EVERYTHING WILL BE PERFECT she adds kissing her lips.
-IS ALL OF THE WOMEN IN YOUR FAMILY GAY? someone questions me as I stand in the backyard.
Turning around to see Max a huge smile forms on my face.

-HEY I smile. AND NO I answer his question.
-HEY Max says back giving me a hug. YOU LOOK PRETTY he adds.
-I HAVE ON AN OLD TEE WITH JEAN SHORTS I laugh. AND ITS COVERING MY BATHING SUIT.
-COURTNEY YOU ALWAYS LOOK PRETTY he assures me making my cheeks glow a bright shade of red.
-THANKS I say sinking my teeth down into my bottom lip to control my smiles.
If I smile any longer my cheek muscles will probably be stronger than the hulk.
Just standing there we both awkwardly eye each other down.
-HEY, YOUR MOMS INVITED MY FAMILY SO I'LL APOLOGIZE BEFOREHAND FOR ANYTHING THEY DO Max says.
-THEY CANT BE THAT BAD I laugh.
-BELIEVE ME THEY ARE, ESPECIALLY MY DAD he states. BUT ANYWAY I UM..I WROTE A SONG FOR YOU AND I WANNA PLAY...
-COURTNEY I hear the girls call as they walk over to me.
-DID WE INTERRUPT SOMETHING? Ailyn questions with a smirk.
-HOPEFULLY Hannah mumbles loud enough for only me to hear.
-JUST LISTEN COURTNEY Max says to me.
I'm assuming that he heard her.
As he pulls out his guitar all of us sit down to listen.
Now playing and singing the song I start to smile again.
-I CANT BELIEVE HE WROTE A SONG FOR YOU Sofia whispers.
-YEAH YOU TWO ARE SO CUTE Brooke adds.
-YOU THINK SO? I ask them still blushing harder than the blush emoji.
-YES COURT JUST GO FOR IT Ailyn adds in. HE LIKES YOU AND YOU LIKE HIM SO WHAT'S THE HOLD UP?
-BELLA WHAT DO YOU THINK? I ask my cousin.
-HAVE YOU TALKED TO THE OTHER PERSON YET? Isabella lowly whispers to me.
Following her eyes I see that she's looking at Hannah who's sitting there scowling at Max.