ONE PARENT

3 WEEKS LATER
Emily's POV
-COREY, LETS GO! I shout up the stairs. YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE.
-COMING Corey yells, running down the steps in her basketball uniform.
-GOOD LUCK BABY Alison tells her, while handing her a snack. IM SORRY I CANT BE THERE TO CHEER YOU ON she says.
-I KNOW MAMA Corey says. YOU HAVE TO TAKE COURTNEY TO THE DOCTORS AND DYLAN HAS GROUP TODAY, DON'T WORRY IM NOT MAD she adds.
-THAT'S MY GIRL Ali says giving her a kiss on the forehead. LOVE YOU she tells me.
-LOVE YOU I respond walking over to give her a quick kiss. NOW LETS GO I tell Corey, Grace and Lily.
As we pack into the car and I check their seatbelts I turn to look at Corey.
-YOU SURE YOU'RE OKAY WITH MAMA NOT COMING? I ask once more just to be sure.
-IM FINE WITH IT she mumbles.
She honestly doesn't seem fine about it but I'll make sure to talk to her once her game is done.
Now at the gym Lily, Grace and I sit on the bleachers getting ready to watch Corey play.
-COR I whisper as she walks by.
-HMM? she hums turning to look at me.
-ONE PICTURE I say.
She quickly sighs and smiles getting ready for me to snap the photo.

-MOMMY I HAVE TO GO she whines.
-OKAY GO AHEAD, GOOD LUCK AND REMEMBER TO JUST HAVE FUN I tell her. ITS JUST A GAME.
Corey nods her head and runs over to her teammates as the huddle up with the coach.
The buzzard goes off and the referee throws the ball in the air (high enough for them to reach).
Corey doesn't get the ball but after both teams running down the court for 2 minutes and the other team scoring a few points she steals the ball from the other team, running to home court and laying the ball up.
...
58 seconds left into the game Corey has the ball again, crossing one player over and making the winning basket.
-GO COREY! the twins and I shout.
After waiting for the team to come back out from getting changed, Corey walks over to us.
-GOOD JOB KIDDO I say hugging her and taking her bag for her.
-COREY HOW CAN YOU RUN SO FAST? Grace questions her older sister.
-THE SAME WAY YOU SWIM SO FAST Corey tells her. PRACTICE.
I smile at the girls playing and running around outside as we get ready to get back in the car.
While putting everything in the trunk a woman walks over to me.
-MS. FIELDS she says extending her hand for me to shake it. HOW ARE YOU? IM CONNIE CORNELL FROM THE ROSEWOOD'S YOUNG AND GIFTED PROGRAM she states.
-YEAH, HEY HOW ARE YOU? I ask her.
-IM FINE, I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE QUITE THE DAUGHTER HERE Connie says making me smile.