TO THE MOON & BACK AGAIN

2 DAYS LATER
Emily's POV

Hands shaking, eyes filled with tears and quickened breathing.

Those are all of the things that's happening to my body at this moment.

Checking the clock again it still reads 5:23am.

Now turned back around I take the scissors on the sink counter bringing them up to my neck.

Just do it.

Looking up at myself once more in the mirror I take the scissors chopping off most of my hair.

Quickly cutting it even I clean up the hair from the bathroom before going downstairs to start breakfast for Ali and the kids.

After whipping up some sunny side up eggs along with turkey bacon and avocado toast I walk over to the coffee machine to pour myself some in a mug.

Standing there drinking my coffee and watching the morning news Alison walks down the stairs and into the kitchen freezing once she sees me.

"Your hair" Alison says staring at my new haircut in shock.

"My hair" I quip back sipping my coffee.

"You cut it" she starts. "Why'd you cut it?" My wife questions.

"I didn't know I had to have a reason to cut my own hair" I rudely say. "Was I supposed to ask for your permission and beg you?" I ask crossing my arms with an angry face.

 "Was I supposed to ask for your permission and beg you?" I ask crossing my arms with an angry face

"Emily" Is all Alison says with a sorrowful look splattered across her face.

"Alison" I snap back slamming my hand down on the counter causing the kids to jump.

With them all watching me in worry I sigh and roll my eyes.

"Courtney can you...

"I got it" Courtney says cutting her off. "C'mon you guys let's go get breakfast at the brew" she tells her younger siblings leading them out the house to give us some space.