THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY Pt. 2

*Unedited*
THE SAME DAY
Courtney's POV

"You're still pregnant?" I ask Hannah causing her to stop reaching for the caramel sundae syrup only to quickly pull the hoodie back down over top of her stomach.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Hannah asks in return. "What did you think I did?" She also questions not knowing what I; someone that used to know the kind of heart she had was thinking.

"Well its just...it's just when..when you said that you took care of it I was sure that you had gotten rid of it" I explain to her.

"Courtney I told you in the hospital that I could never do that to my baby" Hannah backs herself up. "I could never do that to my baby" she lets me know.

"Okay" I reply I quip raising my hands in surrender. "Sorry, I wasn't sure" I let her know.

Not sure of what else to say the silent tension in the room begins to grow louder and louder by the second.

Still not saying anything Hannah carefully placed her hand on her stomach while rubbing back and forth.

"What's wrong?" I ask in concern seeing the expression on her face.

"Nothing, she just moved again" Hannah answers. "I swear she better be a freakin' champ at soccer because the way she kicks me is crazy" she laughs making me smile.

"Wait you said she" I start back up once I realize what she said. "It's a girl?" I ask causing her to smile while nodding her head.

"I found out a few days ago" she admits to me. "Funny" she quips as the sides of her mouth that was once turned upwards becomes straight. "I thought that maybe I'm having a girl because I need to mature" she continues to talk. "I wanna be able to teach her what real love is" she says. "I don't want her to go through what I'm going through" Hannah lastly says making me nod my head in agreement.

"Maybe" I agree with her. "But all I know is that she has an amazing mommy and I know that her five idiotic  aunties will do whatever for her because we love her just as much as we love you" I state while gently rubbing her stomach.

Assuming that she's overwhelmed with joy Hannah removes my hand from her stomach and pulls me into a tight hug.

Now hugging her back I begin to feel a certain comfort swarm over me.

More comfort than what I feel when I'm in anyone else's arms.

Still hugging in the middle of the kitchen we finally pull apart once my granddaughter rushes through the door.

I left a voicemail on her phone stating that I was gonna be at her place when she didn't answer my calls.

I guess she listened to it.

"We gotta go, your moms in the hospital" she frantically tells me.

"What, why?" I ask. "Which one?" I also question.

"Emily" my grandma answers. "Her water broke" the older blonde explains rushing both me and Hannah out of the house with her husband Ted.
                                 •••
"C'mon we have to hurry" Ted says in a scurry.

Following his lead I hop out of the car along with he and my grandma before turning around to see Hannah still sitting in the car clutching onto her stomach.

"I think I'm just gonna stay in the car" Hannah says. "You guys go ahead" she adds giving off an uneasy vibe.

Sensing that she's afraid I slide my hand out of my pocket to reach out for her.