Auction: Part 1

"Step up here," the vampire instructed Teru in the dark room. His legs trembled. He almost lost consciousness and tripped, making the jewels on his body jingle.

"What's wrong with you?" his guide asked, agitated by Teru's clumsiness.

Teru put together a string of random words and touched his head. The masked vamp saw the large bump. "How? You didn't have this when I gave you to the—"

He stopped talking to think. "The betas. It looks like they tried to cover up their mistake with make-up. God damn it. Fucking useless humans. Oi!" he hissed to the guard so the buyers couldn't hear. "Get the three servants that prepared this human. Send them to the blood slave auction to be sold. They damaged the merchandise."

The guard left to do as he was told.

The lights abruptly switched on, focusing on Teru. The brightness made him squint, causing him to want to throw up again. Once his sight was used to it, he looked around. It was more private than expected. It was a black room with an elevated circle stage in the center.

And he was standing on it.

There were ten windows in total. Two were on each wall of the pentagon-shaped room. The windows revealed one or two vampires sitting on lavish chairs while holding champagne glasses filled with red liquid. They each wore a sparkling mask in the shape of an animal's head.

"Our last item for tonight was found in western Kentucky. He's approximately 18 or 19 years old, has a rare blood type of AB positive, and is believed to be of Japanese descent..."

While the speaker was talking, some of the vampires pressed against the glass to get a closer look. They had already figured out what he was.

"This human is a male omega."

Now that his gender had been revealed, there was chaos in each suite. There were numbers being thrown around. Their yelling made him wince.

"Please remember to press the button to make a bid. Before we accept offers, let's present the goods."

The escort vampire bent him forward until his body made a ninety-degree angle. The vampire's hand pressed down on the small of Teru's back until his spine made a sensual curve. This forced his ass to be pushed out further to expose his private areas to the guests. The chilly air made his hole flutter.

It was freaking degrading. Well, that's what Teru would've thought if his head wasn't so hazy. When would this be over? He wanted to sleep.

"This omega is a virgin. Given his age and sexual status, he likely has not experienced his first heat."

The vampire made him stand up straight again. He swayed when the blood from his head traveled down, making him light-headed. The bloodsucker gripped his nape tightly for support. There would probably be bruises there later.

"The starting bid is $100 thousand," the woman said. "Do I hear $100 thousand?"

Every room was equipped with a button. The vampires pressed on it relentlessly, trying to up one another. In moments, the amount flew to $1.5 million. Was this a lot of money? Teru didn't know. Humans who survived in the wild didn't use currency. They were hunters and gatherers.

"$2 million."

More button clicks.

"$7 million."

"$12 million."

It eventually slowed down. The last one was $45.8 million by an older, stout vampire. His stomach protruded and drooped over his hips. A few wisps of stringy hair were slicked back on his head. Sweat pooled down his greasy skin from excitement.

"Do I hear $50 million?" There was no response from the other rooms. "$50 million? ...Last call for $50 million."

The chunky vamp clapped with glee, knowing he was going to win. He eyed Teru with an unpleasant, perverted expression.

"$100 million," said a well-built man behind the winning bidder. He had dark red hair that hugged his neck.

The plump vampire gasped at the intruder in his room. "You can't do that! You didn't click the button! You're probably not even a VIP! Who the fuck do you think you are? Guards!"

The newcomer took off his plain mask. Teru couldn't see his face clearly. Although there was a thick window separating them, he could smell the authoritative pheromones he emitted. The stranger's scent was much stronger than Nolan's. A dominant alpha.

Smells nice..., Teru thought as he wobbled.

Baldy faltered and looked down submissively. "I-I'm sorry. He's yours. Please have mercy on me."

The man spoke loudly, "Anyone else?"

There was silence from the other rooms.

"Sold. $100 million."