Lust's Virtue: Part 2

His heart sped up, each beat quicker than the last. It wasn't at all like the panic attack he had just come down from, but...nervousness? This confused Lucas.

Why am I nervous?

It wasn't like it was their first time.

Okay, he supposed their second time could warrant the butterflies wreaking havoc in his stomach. Everything about this odd relationship went against nature. Lucas gave up on Teru, what, four or five days ago? Was this happening too fast? Maybe because this person kissing him back so urgently was a bloodsucker, his lifetime enemy? Or perhaps the recent development that Lucas was supposed to be a freaking celibate virtue to a deadly sin?

I'm the polar opposite of celibate.

He opened his eyes and pulled away. A line of spit connected their lips, as if refusing to allow them to break apart. They waited to catch their breaths.

The sunset light coming from the side colored every hair strand in magenta, also masking Blaise's crimson eyes with pink. It was ridiculous how much pink suited him. Never a shade Lucas preferred, but now his favorite,

Lucas hung his head and groaned. He thought, I think I'm insane. This is a fever dream. I must be in a coma from the infection.

"Mr. Chastity, you said you'd give me your pheromones," Lust complained in Blaise's normal voice.

"Wait. Why me?" Lucas whispered, staring down into the grass below, head bowed to show his neck. It was a vulnerable position. A predator could effortlessly strike, and that predator was a starving vampire. He never would have positioned himself like this for the Zhangs. Not in a million years.

Instinctually panicking at letting his guard down, Lucas pounced on him. He pinned Lust's wrists to the ground and sat on his crotch area, using full weight to keep him there. They stared at each other until a tear dripped on Lust's cheek, sliding down into his blonde hair. Then another tear. And another.

He cried. "Why me? Why was this responsibility given to me? I'm the dirtiest person. I...I can't do it. I can't be...Chastity. The old me would've been better. Just...why me?"

Lust broke his right hand free from the weak hold and caught a fresh tear from Lucas's eye, examining the salty drop before licking his thumb to taste it. "Does it matter?"

Well, that wasn't the answer, er, question, Lucas expected. "What...do you mean?"

"Why you? Why were you chosen now and not half a year ago when I first laid eyes on you at the auction house lobby? Why not another guy to become my personal dildo? You're asking the wrong questions, my dear. It doesn't matter. What can you do from this point forward? Maybe the heavens thought this current you is more fitting to handle me. Could the old you force me on my backside with your cock pointing straight at my face?"

Huh? Lucas glanced down. He hadn't noticed his dick tenting in his pants, ready for action. His face warmed.

"Besides, no other person has done what you just did."

Lucas met his gaze. The slivered pupils were round again and the snake tattoo on his arm was motionless, like any other tattoo.

Lust was gone.

"What...did I do?"

Blaise gently put a hand on Lucas's chest...

...and pushed up, swiftly switching roles before Lucas could react. The movement disturbed several grasshoppers, jumping away to avoid getting crushed. Blaise was on top, doing the same by pinning Lucas's wrists to the soft grass.