Limits and Boundaries

Teru hid under the scratchy blanket, having trouble breathing in the stuffiness. The material didn't smell good, either. When was the last time it was washed? A year ago? Ten years ago? A century ago?!

No, don't think about that. What matters is what I just did to Kieran.

He was ashamed about hurting him.

A hand gently patted his shoulder. "Little one."

Teru didn't answer, using the hot darkness to conceal his troubled expression.

"There's no reason for you to hide."

"..."

"Do not worry about it." The covers pulled down a little.

The omega yanked it back up and mumbled, "I'm scared I'll do that again."

That.

Meaning the way his inner werewolf came out from the blood cravings. A survival instinct, perhaps, to provide his body with what the pups wanted. He barely remembered what happened after Kieran ran in snarling and smelling of pheromones. By the time he came to, Teru was growling and gnawing the heck out of his mate's arm. Blood splatters stained their clothes as if they killed a person. How did blood get on the walls, also? The claw rips in the mattress? Were they animals, for fuck's sake?

Yes. Animals with bad manners.

Worst of all, slivers of red speckled Kieran's forest-green eyes.

How much blood did I take?!

Teru's tongue felt a shred of flesh stuck between his teeth. He trembled, terrified of the thought that he could turn into a full-fledged werewolf and eat Kieran. That chunk of arm meat was a stark reminder of the predator that slept within him.

Sure, Teru accepted all parts of himself-the omega, the wolf, and most recently, the virtue. That didn't mean he had complete control of them yet. Heck, Kieran was how old and still had trouble managing his alpha and sin?

"Why didn't you stop me?"

Kieran stroked his back in assurance. "Your maternal instincts. It was screaming for help. My alpha responded by letting you do whatever you needed, even if that included putting myself at risk."

That makes me afraid!

He sat up quickly, pushing the blanket away. "Would you have let me eat you entirely?!" Seeing Kieran's messed up forearm made him nauseous. The flaps of skin, stringy muscles torn by his wolf canines, trickles of blood pulsing out...

I half turned...

The color drained from Teru's face. Apparently, werewolf saliva had something in it to keep a vampire from healing fast. As a human, his playful or sexual biting disappeared instantly. As a werewolf? Well, just look at the aftermath!

There was probably a scientific reason, but Teru wasn't like Dr. Charles to understand the specifics. Too complicated.

All he knew was that the wound wasn't getting better.

Upon seeing Teru's sick reaction, Kieran hurriedly wrapped it with the musty blanket. "Not entirely. I would imagine I'd stop you at some point."

"At some point? Until your arm is gone? Your face? More? Even this went too far. It's so bad!" Teru was on the verge of a panic attack. He wiped the dried blood from his chin and throat. "Finding myself covered in your blood scared the shit out of me!"

Kieran scooped him up and released his mint pheromones to calm him down. It physically did, but not mentally. His mind was buzzing with terrifying scenarios.