Temptations: Part 2

...but...it...stinks...

His nose scrunched in disgust. He knew this smell. The pheromone's scent was sweat. How could he ever forget? Teru had nightmare flashbacks.

Separated from Lucas.

Being stripped by force.

Prepped for an auction.

Presented to perverted vampires to be sold.

It was one of the most traumatic experiences of his life.

Slowly, he climbed his way out from the depths of hibernation that he had started to sink into. He imagined his hands digging with all his might into the encircling walls to stop his descent. Teru squinted at the circle of light above.

There. Go there. Don't hibernate.

He climbed towards it, which was more difficult than going against an alpha's authority; his body desperately wanted to enter a semi-permanent sleep.

The gentle whispers below urged him to go to them. Please let your body rest. Please don't worry, you will wake up in time. Please-

No!

In his dreamlike state, Teru heard a growl in the distance. It was a low rumble, set in a frequency meant to be a warning.

Kieran.

A second sounded off. This was not his alpha. There were several unfamiliar growls, followed by talking that didn't seem friendly.

He was put down carefully on the grass.

Though his mind successfully reached the light and was ready to take action, his body was behind, still thinking he was asleep. It wouldn't move. The best way he could describe it was like trying to snap yourself out of sleep paralysis, but all you could do was watch the demon crawl closer from the corner. Teru twitched his fingers and attempted to talk and say he was fine, but it came out as a pained, wounded whimper. Shit, that wasn't the sound he meant to do!

Kieran must have thought they had hurt him somehow.

"Get the fuck away from my mate," he snarled at the strangers. Teru sensed intense protection from Kieran, agitating their connection.

Howls, yelps, snarls, and growls jump-scared Teru, helping him get closer to escaping the almost-hibernation. His body begged him not to do that.

No, he must help. Help Kieran. Protect their family-

There was a loud snap of falling trees. What was happening?!

I can get out of this. I can do it.

Teru's eyes fluttered open, welcomed by a grisly fighting scene. He became nauseous by the concoction of musky alpha pheromones assaulting his nose. His inner omega went to work dissecting the smells.

Three average alphas. Six dominant-wait, six? Alphas don't make a pack of all alphas, especially with no females. Well, maybe Blaise would. But naturally, there had to be a reason for a pack to have this odd hierarchy.

Teru smelled the final person, a dominant alpha. He tensed up. This was who he recognized from earlier, the one with the pheromones of someone who hadn't washed after running for days. Where was that person in the chaos?

Blood splattered the surrounding trees. Kieran had already killed the average alpha vampires, their hearts in a mushy mess on the ground. His face darkened, green eyes barely visible with fury. His long nails were knife-like. Musk radiated off of him as he fought ferociously with the remaining bloodsuckers. Teru vaguely remembered some from the aristocratic event hosted by Abaddon. They were high-ranking and must have been strong since Kieran hadn't defeated them yet. It didn't look to be difficult since he had experience with Abaddon; just tedious. Their punches and bites were too quick for Teru's mortal eyes to follow. Trees crashed to the ground where Kieran chucked them, making sure the action was not near the vulnerable human.

There was hot breath above him.

Teru turned his head weakly to look up.

Found them.

A plump vampire stared at him hungrily, suit and tie disheveled and torn. His fuzzy tongue licked his dried lips, drool seeping from the corners. The peeping eyes liked what they saw as they fixated on the omega lying there, moving his gaze up and down the length of Teru's body. His intentions were clear based on the bulge in his too-tight pants.

Though Teru had a concussion back when he was taken prisoner, he remembered this vampire. The giant, hanging belly reaching to his knees was another giveaway.

What was his name again?

"James!" Kieran roared as he ripped the head off a vamp he fought and threw it away like a ball.

Ah, that guy. Count James. If Kieran hadn't stepped in to bid on Teru, this man would have won him. The hardcore kinks he would have forced Teru to do were unthinkable!

The Count reached down to grab his neck...